Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Opposite Day

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Thumbs down Opposite day

At my opinion and from past experiments, I realy believe that buying everything with gems ruined the fun and the game.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Infinite source of gems, probably best trick in this game
    - buy gem pit, place on your island
    - extract few hundred gems ( 2-3 days)
    - tear down the gem pit, will go back to your star menu
    - place it back , but make sure its on different location - and voila, you have fresh 20k gem pit.
    - extract few hundred more, and repeat.

Enjoy !

PS. if the trick is not working, blame BB, not me

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Never buff your stuff; under no circumstances buff your friends' stuff; never make any friends to start with, unless you intend to totally ignore them later.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Some of the advice here is actually pretty close to how I play the game.
    Still I think I can improve if I follow these tips:
    0. Dont complete any quests. But if you do,
    1. Dont build Trade Office.
    2. When freeing home island keep sending Generals with 200 Soldiers to attack the Wild Mary and 199 Dogs boss camp. If frustrated with no progress switch to sending Generals with 200 Crossbowmen instead.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Buy an ls. Send your general but wait as long as possible before you do anything. Then attack the block camp.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I like to 1)put clumps of cutters and foresters(such as pine) all over my island but if you want to be even more efficient put all the cutters on one side of the island and all the foresters on the other. 2)Don't worry about getting storehouses near mines, those little weebles can dig their way to the stores if they are smart. 3)Stack all your extra storehouses together in one place and then build a bunch of residences around them, after all you only need 1 storehouse to claim a sector. 4)Do NOT buy all the explorers you can, a) they fill up your star b) they don't help you get event items(like eggs, pumpkins, or presents)around 300 a day isn't worth it any way and of course, it costs too much to send them out on treasure searches.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    dont use guides kill every camp on every adventure . conquer adv before clearing your home island . most of all dont worry about population increases

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The best anti-advice is to simply not login.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    1. Create a very long and confusing alphanumeric soup player name that nobody can spell and be sure to add lot of O's and 0's and I's, 1's and l's.
    2. Completely forget that The Settlers Online is based on computers and that you can click on things, then go ask in Help how to copy and paste.
    3. Decline all friends request.
    4. Decline all Trade offers sent from friends who somehow got in your friends list.
    5. Find a player level 50 or above and buff all their sleeping buildings with rainbow snow.
    6. Share something personal with a friend in private IM, hit enter, then notice you have the General chat window open.
    7. The same as number 6 but make a Guild announcement of why a player was kicked from the guild, then notice you're in Trade tab.
    8. When placing trades if you think in your head that 12,000 is 12k you only have to type 12 for the amount of coins u want and the computer will automatically know you mean 12,000... aka 12k... I want 12 of those K things.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Glad to help. You would be surprised how many players have a parent, spouse, roommate, or friend logging in and “helping” the island. It can be exasperating. I have moved your real island to stealth mode. Just click the wheat farmer in the bottom right when you want to access your real island. You can now go ahead and wreck your fake “real” island to make him stop working on your island.
    Here are some suggested ways to wreck your fake “real” island.
    First, you are running only 5 of the 12 sets of buildings you own which use coal. Sell all but 5,000 of your coal, and then turn on all your coal-using buildings. He will see coal is low but he won’t be able to figure out which ones to turn off and which ones to turn on without dramatically altering your island’s functioning.
    Second, to reinforce the first step, buy the most expensive buffs you can until your coins are gone. That stops him from buying coal with coins.
    Third, remove his ability to do adventures to get coal quickly. Remove many of your noble residences to reduce your available soldiers. Don’t sell them since he will see the sales happened. Instead, trade the ones you remove to friends for a pine log each, while explaining in a message you then delete that you need to get rid of your extra noble residences. Then create many expedition troops to make it look like you took an interest in doing expeditions. That should leave few soldiers available to do regular adventures.
    Those three steps should drive your helper to lose interest in your Settlers Online island. Until he leaves, you can keep working on your real island by clicking the wheat farmer in the bottom right.
    BB_GhostHelp

Reply to Thread