Reply to Thread

Thread: Server/game issues

World
    Zeus

Server/game issues

This is getting beyond ridiculous

For months now, on the regular server there has been serious issues with the chat and mails. While trying to type things into chat tabs, randomly you are removed from the typing area and your typing is using the keyboard shortcuts and then you have to click back on the typing area to continue typing where you left off, while trying to make a mail in game, it randomly closes your mail window on you which completely deletes everything you had typed and have to start all over again. This has been reported multiple times by many people, it has been acknowledged by the tech support months ago and yet still not been fixed.

Then there is the Test Server, how can anyone test anything on this server that is supposed to be for us to test features, events, etc when it has constant issues, and not just minor issues, but debilitating issues that prevent any possibility of testing anything?

First it was a login issue where it was impossible to log into the test server at all using a specific method (and of course trying to use a different method just created a whole new account and impossible to use the account you have set up through the other login options), they finally fix that issue after a couple weeks of happening. Now all of a sudden, the server is completely unusable because you guys did some kind of "update" early this morning and ever since, there is constant heavy lag, with major lag spikes every couple seconds, then a complete freeze/crash every couple minutes and if you go to anyones island, you are randomly sent back to your own island suddenly for no reason.

Seriously, someone needs to start dealing with the issues, it is amazing how some of these issues even get started out of the blue like this and then takes forever to actually get them fixed, every time I put in a complaint of an issue for the test server all I ever get back is "we don't offer tech support for the test server" yet this is YOUR server and is supposed to be used to test things not only for us but for you guys as well to make changes and improvements for the regular game, yet you make the test server run like crap and just give an "oh well, thems the breaks" kind of attitude regarding it.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    This is getting beyond ridiculous

For months now, on the regular server there has been serious issues with the chat and mails. While trying to type things into chat tabs, randomly you are removed from the typing area and your typing is using the keyboard shortcuts and then you have to click back on the typing area to continue typing where you left off, while trying to make a mail in game, it randomly closes your mail window on you which completely deletes everything you had typed and have to start all over again. This has been reported multiple times by many people, it has been acknowledged by the tech support months ago and yet still not been fixed.

Then there is the Test Server, how can anyone test anything on this server that is supposed to be for us to test features, events, etc when it has constant issues, and not just minor issues, but debilitating issues that prevent any possibility of testing anything?

First it was a login issue where it was impossible to log into the test server at all using a specific method (and of course trying to use a different method just created a whole new account and impossible to use the account you have set up through the other login options), they finally fix that issue after a couple weeks of happening. Now all of a sudden, the server is completely unusable because you guys did some kind of "update" early this morning and ever since, there is constant heavy lag, with major lag spikes every couple seconds, then a complete freeze/crash every couple minutes and if you go to anyones island, you are randomly sent back to your own island suddenly for no reason.

Seriously, someone needs to start dealing with the issues, it is amazing how some of these issues even get started out of the blue like this and then takes forever to actually get them fixed, every time I put in a complaint of an issue for the test server all I ever get back is "we don't offer tech support for the test server" yet this is YOUR server and is supposed to be used to test things not only for us but for you guys as well to make changes and improvements for the regular game, yet you make the test server run like crap and just give an "oh well, thems the breaks" kind of attitude regarding it.
    I am sorry that you have faced so many issues. Have you made sure to report the Test server issues on the Test server forums? If you have not could you please do so at the following, TSO Test fourm. While our support team does not offer support for it, the feedback and information provided on the Test Server forums, will be used to help resolve these issues.

World
    Zeus
    What's the point of having a test server if it runs like crap to where it's virtually unusable and no support offered to fix it? The test server is not only for us to test things for our own games, but also to test features, events, etc for you guys (supposedly) to help you guys improve the game for us to keep playing (supposedly), but you run the server on sub-par systems, with issues after issues after issues and then state "we do not offer support for test server" "but please test out our stuff and give us feedback on this sub-par system that won't work properly"

This is like owning a car manufacturing company and asking people to test drive your cars with new features but don't put wheels on the car or a battery. How much sense does that make?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I have personally never had any problems with the test server or how it runs. Everyone does have different experiences though, since we all run the game on different machines and with different programs. Have you tried using different browsers for it or making sure that everything is up to date on your end?

Also I mentioned that the test server has a forum for posting and we do look at the forum on the test server.

World
    Zeus
    well, I have used 3 browsers (chrome, firefox and Edge) with the same results, I can run the regular game smoothly while test server is continuous lag spike chains and then crashes every 2-5 mins (which you can set your clock by, only varies depending on browser).

I have posted the issue on the test server forum, which took forever since it was extremely difficult to even log onto that forum since it won't let me log in manually, I can only log into the forum if I am currently logged into the server itself through the game because the login doesn't recognize my facebook login info. And I have yet to get any responses other than "sorry, we do not offer support for test server" which I find utterly ridiculous

World
    Zeus
    so, a new update on the test server today and what a shock, the lag got even worse, congrats BB on a tremendous job "thumbs up"

World
    Zeus
    The major lag issue finally got resolved, however, it required my test server account to be reset, so everything had to be started from the very beginning again, losing all and every bit of progress I had done on the account except for being in a guild, managed to keep the guild I was in, but everything else completely gone.

So, obviously there was an error/issue in the account/server itself since resetting everything to 0 fixed the lag issue.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    im on zeus. ever since maintenance the collectable section is bugged. it does not stay. it comes and goes and half the time it says i have a new quest half way through....

Reply to Thread