Reply to Thread

Thread: Master of Defense question

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Master of Defense question

I just got a MoD because I thought I could figure out some good new blocks. I tried a 1R test block and the MoD only fought for 10 seconds. I thought the entire point of the MoD was that his rounds lasted twice as long...Am I wrong?

Reg gen round = 20 sec
    Fast gen round = 10 sec
    MoD round = 10 sec

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldritte View Post
    I just got a MoD because I thought I could figure out some good new blocks. I tried a 1R test block and the MoD only fought for 10 seconds. I thought the entire point of the MoD was that his rounds lasted twice as long...Am I wrong?

Reg gen round = 20 sec
    Fast gen round = 10 sec
    MoD round = 10 sec
    MoD does not extend blocks on every block, it takes some playing around to find which blocks works with MoD better than with regular, but also, MoD's are not used for 1r blocks but rather for long blocks while killing a boss/leader. if the camp kills off the R and the gen in it's first round then it doesn't matter how long the generals first round is, specially when the gen is weaker than others.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So then the value is in the massive HP and low damage of the MoD? I guess if you can get the fight to come down to MoD vs few troops/one boss it will last a long time.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldritte View Post
    So then the value is in the massive HP and low damage of the MoD? I guess if you can get the fight to come down to MoD vs few troops/one boss it will last a long time.
    It's really a 'gamble' using the Wheelchair. He can be fairly reliable in old adventures up to/including BK/RB/DB/SE, beyond that point, as in Fairytales and Babas it becomes very hit and miss. His HP can extend quite a few rounds, provided the enemies dont deal massive dmg, which becomes an issue on Fairytales and beyond in most cases. Most everything a Wheelchair can do, a Tavern Gen can do as well and better/longer, except for when you simply don't _need_ that much blocking time, and can block with a Fast Gen, and that's where Wheelchair takes the cake over BHGs at least (though a Vet may be handy at other situations), simply allowing you to start clearing the map earlier due to not having to wait for the Tavern Gens to do your first few blocks.

So assuming you need 44s to take down the leader and the Wheelchair can do at least 5 rounds, you can opt to choose him over Tavern Gens, especially if that means you can progress sooner rather than waiting on the Turtles. Once everyone has arrived, it just becomes a thing of "who can do the job and can be in position the fastest". Note that you can _not_ simply use the Tavern numbers on the Wheelchair for blocking in most cases as it will be off balance and may fail, so be sure to sim the Wheelchair with his own numbers when creating a block.

BK and Tikki are probably the best ones I can point out atm where using Wheelchairs to block drastically speeds up your adventure time, especially if running back to back. Likely more to be had, but I've got no recent memories of all the "inbetween" adventures.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    It's really a 'gamble' using the Wheelchair. He can be fairly reliable in old adventures up to/including BK/RB/DB/SE, beyond that point, as in Fairytales and Babas it becomes very hit and miss. His HP can extend quite a few rounds, provided the enemies dont deal massive dmg, which becomes an issue on Fairytales and beyond in most cases. Most everything a Wheelchair can do, a Tavern Gen can do as well and better/longer, except for when you simply don't _need_ that much blocking time, and can block with a Fast Gen, and that's where Wheelchair takes the cake over BHGs at least (though a Vet may be handy at other situations), simply allowing you to start clearing the map earlier due to not having to wait for the Tavern Gens to do your first few blocks.

So assuming you need 44s to take down the leader and the Wheelchair can do at least 5 rounds, you can opt to choose him over Tavern Gens, especially if that means you can progress sooner rather than waiting on the Turtles. Once everyone has arrived, it just becomes a thing of "who can do the job and can be in position the fastest". Note that you can _not_ simply use the Tavern numbers on the Wheelchair for blocking in most cases as it will be off balance and may fail, so be sure to sim the Wheelchair with his own numbers when creating a block.

BK and Tikki are probably the best ones I can point out atm where using Wheelchairs to block drastically speeds up your adventure time, especially if running back to back. Likely more to be had, but I've got no recent memories of all the "inbetween" adventures.
    I have found lots of uses for MoD in Woodcutters (over the older adv's like BK and such), I have to admit I have not done many of the other AB's, but if used in the right way and the right places, MoD's are very valuable for long blocks, but again, they are useless for 1r blocks (for these, just stick to Tav's or BHG's)

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    I have found lots of uses for MoD in Woodcutters (over the older adv's like BK and such), I have to admit I have not done many of the other AB's, but if used in the right way and the right places, MoD's are very valuable for long blocks, but again, they are useless for 1r blocks (for these, just stick to Tav's or BHG's)
    I specifically excluded Wheelchair from Woodcutter due to it not needing to be a Wheelchair, at least for the 1st and 2nd block, after that the Turtles have arrived already (that is with your useless Navigation skill of course , though C7 could be an interesting camp to some degree by gut feeling.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    I specifically excluded Wheelchair from Woodcutter due to it not needing to be a Wheelchair, at least for the 1st and 2nd block, after that the Turtles have arrived already (that is with your useless Navigation skill of course , though C7 could be an interesting camp to some degree by gut feeling.
    My tav's arrive in time for the second block without any issues and without NCC, I use MoD's on a few blocks on WC and they work better than Tav's do when doing long blocks for many camps, but I am not on here to debate this issue, I posted a response to help the poster get an answer about the MoD and why they didn't see a benefit of the MoD

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    mod is good on camps with dogs

Reply to Thread