Reply to Thread

Thread: Wish we could lay dirt roads like we used to

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Wish we could lay dirt roads like we used to

We used to be able to create dirt roads when I first started playing (years ago)
    by fiddling with Build Street and Remove Street.

Was kind of cool having dirt paths running through the mountains and off
    to remote buildings.

Wonder how hard it would be to implement something like that again.....

World
    Zeus
    roads are useless in this game, they help to make things look nicer but they block placement of any buildings and have to go through the hassles of removing them one square at a time to place a new building, it's best to only place the roads AFTER you have filled every space with buildings possible and then maybe place roads around them for appearance, but they are still completely useless with no real function

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Oh yeah, I know - they're decorative.

I'm casual so I'm not going to fill every possible space with buildings.

Just wish we could lay dirt roads on my island for appearances.

They were cool.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Illregard View Post
    Oh yeah, I know - they're decorative.

I'm casual so I'm not going to fill every possible space with buildings.

Just wish we could lay dirt roads on my island for appearances.

They were cool.
    I have no idea what you are referring to, we can place dirt roads, that has never changed, so you are asking for an ability that we already have available.

I would suggest opening your building tab and click on the far right option and you will see the option for building roads

World
    Zeus
    I think dirt roads is a reference to the roads we could create at lower levels. At some point/level, and I don't know what it is cause it was so long ago, the roads change to a stone look and stay that way throughout the rest of the game. I was sad when it happened cause I liked the look of the lower level roads better.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    It used to be that you could click once on a section of road with 'remove road' and that part would become a 'dirt' road. A second click would remove it completely.
    Now a section just removes completely with one click.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I think dirt roads is a reference to the roads we could create at lower levels. At some point/level, and I don't know what it is cause it was so long ago, the roads change to a stone look and stay that way throughout the rest of the game. I was sad when it happened cause I liked the look of the lower level roads better.
    I will see what can be done about giving options for the roads, so that you can change them to something more desirable.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    I would like to see an ability to delete roads easier rather than one tiny little square at a time and if it's behind a building it's virtually impossible to delete because the marker never seems to ever touch it

Reply to Thread