Reply to Thread

Thread: Longevity reward

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Longevity reward

HEY BB, how about a longevity reward?

Ok, so I got another idea, to add to the hundreds/thousands that are floating around out there. So BB/dev team, what about this??

There are a lot of players that have been playing this game for years. There are those too that leave for a ‘spell’ then come back to play after a break. So what about rewarding the players that log in every day, day after day, year after year?

Yes, there is an achievement for the 1 year mark, but let’s go a step farther -

BB/the dev team can trigger new quests when a player levels up, so let playing time trigger a quest(s) as well. Pick a start date, and for example, let’s pick a summer date cause summertime is usually slow, so say JUNE 1st. So on june 1st, all players that have logged in for a year, will get a new quest chain, (tentatively titled - longevity quest), that will have 5-8 subquests, with each subquest getting more difficult as you progress. And don’t make them easy!!! Put some thought into them and grant good rewards for completing them.

Let the subquest go something like this, and this is just an example:

LONGEVITY QUEST

Subquest 1 - produce 50k brew, 50k bronze swords, and 2k retired bandits (bread soldiers)
    Reward for completing - 10k XP, 1 rainbow snow

Subquest 2 - complete 3 adventures - roaring bull, black knights and outlaws
    Reward for completing - 15k XP, 500 crossbows, and 1 skunk buff

Subquest 3 - produce 2k gunpowder, 2k titanium bars, 1k wheels and 500 carriages
    Reward for completing - 20k XP, 500 damascus swords, and 1 skunk buff

Subquest 4 - make 10 manuscripts, 2 tomes, and 1 codex
    Reward for completing - 30k XP, 1 codex and 2 wilderwood resin glue

Subquest 5 - complete the fairy tale adventure chain (need to complete 1 VLT, 1 CLT, 1 HLT, and 1 BLT)
    Reward for completing - 40k XP, 800 cannons, 500 salt and 500 titanium ore

Subquest 6 - earn 20k granite, 5k salt, and 5k titanium ore from adventure loot
    Reward for completing - 75k XP, 1 ali baba first thief adventure and 1 recruitment guide

And for those players level 65 or higher, add 2 more subquests:

Subquest 7 - produce 10k platinum swords, 5k battle horse, 1k arquebuse, and 500 mortars
    Reward for completing - 85k XP, 1 ali baba third thief adventure and 1 recruitment guide

Subquest 8 - complete the Ali Baba adventure chain (need to complete 1 of each: YWC, 1st thief, 2nd thief, 3rd thief, ToK, ToW, BC, SS, Oil lamp, and princess)
    Reward for completing - 150k XP and 1 oasis residence

Then the rewards for completing the quest chain: 100k XP, 500 gems and 25 crystals - and some kind of longevity trophy to place on island that adds population - and make each year a different one, like year 1 would be red, year 2 yellow, year 3 orange, and so forth.

Well, this is just an example, but I think it a doable quest chain, to be done once a year, so would have 12 months to complete it in. And if a player is in the middle of the quest and “DOESN’T” log in in a 24hr period, then the quest goes bye-bye and the longevity timer resets and starts again.

This would be an excellent way (IMO) to reward the players who log in every day, day after day.
    And it would be really great if BB/the dev team “WOULD” reward players that do log in everyday, outside of the crystals, weekly gems, etc - if not this way, then maybe another way?

So what do you think BB?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agreed - i think i have missed maybe 1 day in 4 plus years for log in

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Yes i agree this would be a great idea for us players that are on all the time a reward for our loyalty & encourage more players to log in daily

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The opposite of a crisis quest... really... I think you can skip the oasis res and give us another one of the watchtowers for finishing. That building is great pop and people like towers

Make it harder, I don't care... make it long and require like all adventures to be completed once or something. I did that once for fun, just so I could say I ran them all.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    The opposite of a crisis quest... really... I think you can skip the oasis res and give us another one of the watchtowers for finishing. That building is great pop and people like towers

Make it harder, I don't care... make it long and require like all adventures to be completed once or something. I did that once for fun, just so I could say I ran them all.
    Agreed... i have so few quests now.... its boring as heck... this would be nice. and a tower special .. that only longterm players can get - awesome (its like when people have the colourful finesmith.. so jealous cause you can only have that if you were here.. then.. )

Please Sir May we have more Quests??

ciara

Reply to Thread