Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please plan your game activities accordingly.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I started playing this game in November 2014. Now is the first time when the compensation package is so stingy. My explanation is the German servers were down just for 1 day and we all know they are the only who really matters.

For us, the plebeians, was 2 days prem for 2 days prem we lost, for them was 1 extra prem day. And since they didn't lose their weekly gems bonus why adding gems to package? Simple...

What really annoy me is the lack of communication and respect for the players. Servers were down for more then 8 hours when they posted their first message on fb.
    I can understand it was a technical problem and it took time to fix it, days even, np, but why you didn't announce that? Oh yes, you did, as late as possible. And update it as late as possible. On your scheduled maint you do the same. Come on, I simply can't believe you realize you can't be done at the time you announced only when that time passed.
    It's all about respect.

Anyway, thank you BB, you did it
    I don't care anymore.

Have fun.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I would be curious whether they simply were unable to update during much of that time. If such an update requires someone to login to a web interface but logging in were not possible, that makes Facebook/Twitter the best option, though not one most people check, whereas everybody looks at the website itself. In that case you could feasibly embed a Facebook post just in case.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Hello SmartyPants1, free play is an option. According to statistics, 1 in 10 unhappy customers tend to complain, the other 9 just disappear into the woodwork and a business may never discover why those 9 customers are not returning. Furthermore, if there is no cost, no penalty, no criticism when an error is made, that error is likely to continue. If a player was due 5k star coins, that player is due 5k star coins.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartyPants1 View Post
    Shameful. Do you even listen to yourself? 1) This is a free game. If you lost some sort of gems to which you paid for, submit a ticket; 2) Stuff happens; 3) BB has, in my experience treated its players fairly well when it comes to loss of time. Look me up in-game, I will hook you up if you really need some help.
    Ok, first off, how is it shameful to expect a game (free to play or not) to have some respect and appreciation for their customers?

Secondly, free to play or not, that is an OPTION to play for free, which many people do, but not everyone, some play free and some play free with periodic installments of money here and there and some play with CC constantly, regardless, it is the whole of the community that maintains the game whether they play free or not which draws in the paid players and/or the periodic paid players.

If this game booted every free player out of it and kept only the paid players, the server would be empty and nobody would play at all because there is nobody to play with. Customer retention is the biggest key to a continuously successful game, when things like this happens (which admittedly is rare) an honorable compensation should be delved out to apologize for inconveniences, losses etc.

The package we received was despicable for the losses we endured due to this downtime, some places was 1 day, some 2 days, but here was 3 days. There was no correction on the login status or login rewards, there was no correction to quests and other things that were effected by time lost, there was no replacement of lost mines, pits, etc. It was a slap in the face to the players and then followed up by ridiculous pricings on new buffs and such.

I have been playing this game for over 6 yrs and never have I seen such a pathetic compensation package and this was the worst downtime issue we have ever had. I have seen better packages offered from events/holidays and special recognition days. I have only ever missed a login day due to a server issue, and in over 6 yrs that amounted to like 3 days in total, until this issue which was 3 days straight making my total 6 days.

I am very disappointed with BB for this issue and their very lapsed concept of fair compensation for their customers, especially when so many of us are veterans of this game.

World
    Zeus
    Unless a person has sat in that particular chair in the computer room, sweating bullets trying to bring a system back up after a crash without losing any data.......

20 years ago I happened to be the lucky one working in the department when our IBM system crashed around 5PM. Hard drive failure. I was on the phone with IBM tech support from that point till some time after 8 o'clock the following morning. Of course, the suits were in and out of the computer room wanting a "status report" all evening long and the only answers I could give them were "at this point I don't know" or "at this point, I'm not sure". Because the tech guys kept telling me that no matter what we did we were gonna lose data and I wouldn't accept that answer. The drives were mirrored to prevent data loss, so don't tell me we're losing data. By the time I'd worked my way up the tech support ladder and got someone on the phone that could assure me we would come back up without losing anything, it was after midnight and they'd had to wake this poor guy up.

Could BB have done a better job communicating what was going on to us? Maybe. But maybe there was nothing to be communicating except news that might have caused some of you faint hearts to start a panic, so it was a better move for BB to just be silent.

As frustrating as it was to be out of the game for all that time and the inconveniences encountered as a result, I'm more grateful that BB didn't have to rollback a week like they did a few years ago than I am upset about losing a few pixels and having my gem reward day switched.

Their techies did a great job recovering the system and preserving our islands pretty much as they were when we got booted due to the crash. Things could have turned out a whole lot worse.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread