Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please plan your game activities accordingly.

World
    Zeus

Please plan your game activities accordingly.

thanks, i usually do, pathfinder quest- login 7 days in a row (failed) not that i care

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hmmm yeah, there was not much they could do... I was told that they called in the devs to try to fix the servers (UBI support)... But due to the maintenance of today, there were some issues with getting the servers back up... at least that is what UBI support said, BB has to validate ^^

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Like Bosola, I missed out on 5k star coins. I had 3 easy tasks left on pathfinder I hadn't bothered with yet, one of which was a two-way trade lol.

Anyway, Sunday was my gem day from daily login and pathfinder reset day, so I am out the 100 gems and 5k star coins, well and the daily quests for crystals for when there's new content soon.

The rest of the stuff doesn't matter to me, I only want the things that are hard to replace.

Should be a very interesting "we're sorry" package this time... I think this is the first big unplanned downtime to knock out pathfinder reset day. I couldn't even log into the forums (some people clearly could) and when I tried to post a ticket it gave me a "general error" so I couldn't even tell them what I missed out on.

Oh well, motivation is low, we'll see what happens in the next few days.

World
    Zeus
    I log into a blank white page, even though the forum and facebook notices say that the servers are up and running, I manage to get through the login page and it doesn't even get to the load page, it goes right to a blank white page. I try to log into the test server and it goes right to a maintenance page after logging in, so that server is down still as well. So, over 36 hours of being down, this is the longest server downtime I have seen on this game since I started playing 6 years ago. Would be nice to see some kind of explanation for this server downtime other than some generic apology without any actual explanation.

I seriously do expect to see a decent sized accommodation package for the complete loss of bonuses and buildings/mines etc due to this unexplained and unscheduled downtime

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    We are sorry for the issue that happened on Sunday. This affected more than just us and hit more of Ubisoft's games as well. Sunday was not a planned thing and was something we were not ready for. Monday our maintenance lasted a bit longer than expected as our Dev's worked on some issues. Again we are sorry for this downtime that happened and we do plan to have a compensations out soon!

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Let's not get greedy...
    Ok. On the surface, sounds like a great idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    ...I seriously do expect to see a decent sized accommodation package for the complete loss of bonuses and buildings/mines etc due to this unexplained and unscheduled downtime
    Shameful. Do you even listen to yourself? 1) This is a free game. If you lost some sort of gems to which you paid for, submit a ticket; 2) Stuff happens; 3) BB has, in my experience treated its players fairly well when it comes to loss of time. Look me up in-game, I will hook you up if you really need some help.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Smarty.... I know it wasn't me you replied to, but I will say the sorry package was a major disappointment.

Premium days are great... except I have 287 premium days left on the 360-day I used last year, so by the time I gain a benefit from the 1-day premiums it will be sometime in January 2019.

The crystals were nice, except I have been saving them for new content and have well over 1000 currently sitting in Excelsior, those are of no benefit to me until the new content is out and I've used 1000 or more crystals accessing the new stuff probably 5-6 times. That will hopefully happen well before January 2019.

The rest of it, I already don't remember what it was, it was nothing I can't get easily in game.

Right now I'm pretty much playing sporadically, using the pathfinder quests to motivate me to do things I wouldn't normally do. Run Traitors? Do 2 Co-ops? Sure, it's almost like new content it's been so long since I did some of these things, while waiting for the real new content to come. BB's package basically said, "yeah we know it was pathfinder reset day, but we don't care about your star coins" - then today they introduce a very interesting new buff - the mythical horseshoes - for 1000 star coins in the shop. So instead of using some of my 5k star coins to try out the new buff, see if there are new blocks to justify the very high cost... I'm just logging out. I'm sure I'll be back for the Easter event and check in for new content, but this feels like the day I stopped caring if I logged in every day.

Note - I'm a free player, so as you point out, I lost nothing I paid for - but players like me who log in every day except two or three for six years add a lot of depth to trade, chat, loot spot selling, buffing, and even use items bought by the gem buyers, etc. All that is important to keeping the paying customers engaged in both a social and fun game.

EDIT - Mythical horseshoes is not tradeable? lol that makes it worse somehow, I was thinking to offer an Oasis Residence for 4-5 of them. Use my in-game resources to get the exclusive thing...

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Its giftable so same deal as other adv buffs

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I agree with KingHomer;

I have a years premium running. I have no idea if they added premium days on... since i didn't screenshot before it crashed (silly me).

Crystals may be nice but it should have been 100.. not 20.

Most people lost their 100 gem log in bonus.

Glue buffs are no use to me until you put in a bookbinder queue .. some use them i know but its a small buff.
    drill time buff is nice.
    omni refill - i suppose its nice.

BUT
    many many lost indy, and special mines that they paid for or adventured for... no compensation for that. Many lost expensive to build / tedious to find mines (ie salt - i lost a salt mine).

As for the .. "Its a free game...." it is .. for those who don't buy gems.. many many do.

Those running pathfinder - lost all their progress in that quest also.

Lastly, some of us have an unblemished log in record - mine was 4 plus years... which is gone

Honestly, the facebook post told us the compensation package would be 'good' etc etc... personally, this level of game failure (even if it DID stem for your mother company) should have prompted some sort of free residence building, at least the gems people missed.. plus what you gave.

imho

ciara

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I can always use more crystals. I used to use omni deposits when granite was worth something. Premium tokens just get in my way in the star menu, so I use them up right away. 2 days is equal to just over 100 gems. It may take me a while to get a benefit from that, but it will happen eventually. I constantly use glue because I use the bookbinder for tomes and codices, although I finally reached the point where I am stockpiling books, so I don't really need to buff that bookbinder all the time anymore.

There was a bit of warning on the maintenance, but based on the description of how there may be downtime, I interpreted may be to mean intermittent, rather than definitely downtime for days. The start time was off by a couple hours if I even wanted to plan, but fortunately the only thing I had running that I didn't want to run was a titanium smelter.

Reply to Thread