Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect with Windows Tablet anymore

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Exclamation Can't connect with Windows Tablet anymore

I used to be able to play with my windows tablet last week without any issues. But after the great down time (Sundays network issues and then Monday/Tuesday software updates), I can no longer connect successfully to TSO from Chrome browser (which I have always connected using).

It'll download the data, give the first 1st and 2nd splash/load screens, and display the Hint Page while finishing loading. Then the hints page will go away and I'm left with the guy beating on the computer and the Refresh popup shows up.

I have cleared the cache, cleared cookies, turned off all extensions in Chrome (thinking it might be one of those causing an issue). At home it "barely" will connect. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't.

It's frustrating as I can't manage my island when I'm out working (I delivery products to grocery stores) as I'm on the road during the day. Two days I have wasted several hours worth of 100% buff on the bindery because I couldn't log in to set the next book in production.

Dell Venue
    4Gig Ram
    Quad Core Intel CPU
    Windows 10 Fall Edition (with all latest updates/drivers)
    Chrome (latest)

Wifi connections whether at home or out on the road are 10Mbps or greater on download and 5Mbps or greater on upload. Ping rates are below 100ms.
    Why am I getting time outs on loading the browser now? I didn't have any issue before, now it's practically constant. Even rebooting the tablet does nothing.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't know if it would help, but have you tried another browser?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Edge will play it, but it plays crap and uses more resources. I tried Edge while I was at home and it worked. I then disabled the extensions in Chrome and that allowed them to load (or was it just a coincidence?). I didn't think about trying Edge when I was out and about as I got frustrated with it not working.

The thing is, "nothing" changed on my end. There's absolutely no reason why my tablet won't finish loading the game. TSO changed the code to shorten some kind of loading delay timer. It was only by a few seconds, and it makes a difference. Whether it was intentional, or unintentional, is besides the fact. It is the server end that's the issue.
    From Friday when I connected w/o issues to Tuesday when I tried to connect, no updates had occured on the tablet. I have Windows Update turned off and manually run it from time to time. I do this because I frequently also tether from my phone. Which, it doesn't matter if I'm connected to my home wifi, tethered wifi, or business wifi, I get the same result at the exact same spot during loading.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I use Puffin on my tablet (Android) because Google and Apple think they are the boss of me and won't let me use Flash.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Windows Tablet, so I don't need to use a remote connection browser.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Hrmm, no response from BB.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Puffin is now available for Windows, perhaps you should give it a try.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    If you continue to have an issue with logging in from Chrome please contact our Support team here. They will be able to help you much further and also help you get this issue resolved quickly. I am sorry that this issue has occurred for you and I hope that we can get it resolved as soon as possible.

-BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Dorotheus: There is no reason I should have to switch browsers as there was nothing wrong with the current browser. Also, puffin is a remote connection and not local on the device. This causes lag. I do not wish to experience this at any level. Plus, I don't like puffin. Nothing changed on my end, so I should have no issues.

BB_Odhran: I will follow-up at the other forum

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I use Puffin on my tablet (Android) because Google and Apple think they are the boss of me and won't let me use Flash.
    +1 No problems on Puffin in any phone/tablet I currently use. Not just TSO, but other Flash based games as well.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread