Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mystical horseshoes

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Mystical horseshoes

This buff is currently not worth 1k star coins or gems, it should either stay active for the full 24 hours or have the price lowered to maybe 100 or 200 star coins. All in favor?

World
    Zeus
    Definitely in favor of a lower price AND doing away with the 3 day cooldown, but not gonna hold my breath.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    If it is left as it is (only one adventure), definitely, I shall never use... No adventure I run takes more than 2-3h, so I gain nothing over the Platinum Horseshoes. I would like to see the 40% gain in an adv like Princess or ToK, but not gonna pay that number of Star Coins just for a little adrenaline rush.

...If, on the other hand, that 24h period included all adventures that I am able to cram in there, I would consider the cost worth-while... Just MHO.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will suggest this and see if this can be changed. Thank you for letting us know about it. What would be considered a reasonable price for it?

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I would say 100 star coins is a fair price, but that is from the point of view of a sub level 70. Star coins do not come as easy for me as a 70+ due to the pathfinder.
    my reason for saying 100 is that mystical horseshoes are not a game breaking item, just a minor quality of life improvement. It takes hours to grind for 1000 star coins and the buff only saves you a few minutes per adventure over the platinum ones. Even priced at 100 star coins I would use them sparingly.
    If it enables you to do some amazing new blocks maybe its worth a bit more, i'm sure Evil_J could give a valid opinion on this :-)
    Last edited by runecaster69; 04-03-18 at 10:07 am. Reason: incomplete

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I will suggest this and see if this can be changed. Thank you for letting us know about it. What would be considered a reasonable price for it?

-BB_Odhran
    Nice, that is appreciated. As I mentioned in my post, should the buff stay active for the 24h and affect all adventures/ventures that I run within that 24h period, I think the price(s) and cool-down are reasonable as they are. (Just MHO, there are sure to be other thoughts on the matter)
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    It either needs to be a lot cheaper or work for multiple adventures, but that probably can't be done. Or at least, it could last the full allotted time of a single adv.

24 hours for a single adv is just silly, nobody plays for 24 hours straight and in general the players who might think of using it will only be on a single adv for 24 hours if they messed up or are waiting for someone else to co-op or something.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    agree, 100 star coins would be a more fair price.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    So just a lower price would be more appealing?

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    A lower price and no cool down period.

If you'll remember, originally the generals skill Jog affected walking speed all the time, in 10, 20 and 30% increments, depending on the number of manuscripts placed. But a few people complained and it got changed to what it is today where generals crawl to attacks and then run home, which I still think is an abomination. We were supposed to get these buffs as a compromise solution for Jog not affecting walking speed during attacks.

While we can make a 15 and 20% increase buff in PH, since Jog originally was 30%, to be truly fair, we should have ready access to a 30% buff.

Instead we get the one at 30% limited to however many may drop from Excelsior rolls for MCC and in the merchant if anyone is willing to spend 245 Obsidian Ore instead of saving it for buildings. Keep in mind that the average drop of Obsidian is 293 per MCC Venture before prem bonus in testing. Could be better or worse live, so 245 is pretty extreme even before factoring in that it takes away from saving for buildings that range in cost from 3950 to 9950 Obsidian. If the Obsidian Horseshoe buff cost 19 like magic bean buffs then it might be bearable, tho still not a fair compromise if you ask me.

And then there's this one at 40% for 1,000 star coins (or 395 gems) and a 3 day cool down.

WTH kinda compromise is that?

So yeah, a lower price and no cool down period would make me happy. That or an Obsidian Horseshoe we could make in the RPH for 10 Obsidian Ore and some coins or something.

Not gonna hold my breath tho. Have already posted a bazzillion times in test about it to no avail. I dropped the whole thing and focused on being a positive influence on MCC rather than flogging Jog or these stupid buffs any longer. But it still gets me riled when I get thinking about it and always will.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread