Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 24.04.2018

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    25 steaks self placement on "save the deers" quest is silly! This should be a lot shorter buff (or an any buff option) or be able to be friend placed!

Oh and 50 steaks on Wolf Puppy!!! Get a grip BB what a massive waste of buffs!!

And that's on top of paying 60k meat!!

I ran all 3 today and yes you can time the 25 and 50 steak requirement to run at the same time (only placing 50 steak), but this still means wasting over a days worth of buff if you have a buff partner normally to place. For me this takes away part of the social game in which you help each other out and helps make it more isolationist... a shame really as I have only really stayed with the game for the social aspect.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I plan to get around this by switching 25 of my buffs to every other day but the opposite day. Of course, when fish steaks are introduced, that means I need to do 50 buildings with meat steaks on alternating days. Unlike Irma buffs, I can't just throw steaks away on any random building. It would be nice if it were possible for buffs to extend the time on existing buffs, even if only by a small amount like up to double.

Has Wolf Puppy changed since test? I thought it was 50 any buff. I planned to use platters.

The resource requirements are nuts, but I thought that was the point. 415k XP is equal to 1.5 Woodcutters on premium. I'm okay with it requiring me to add dozens of buildings to my island to even try to keep up. Not that I need to. I would expect most people to be more than happy to squeeze them in one every other day.

World
    Zeus
    Yep, the self buff with steaks was a surprise (and a change from the test version). I'll figure out what I already self buff now and can alternate on to get 25 a day for Save the Deers. Won't be hard to figure out.

I won't be running Wolf Puppy too often, so when I do, I can just let the 50 buff part sit till I've used 50 steaks over the course of 2 days for Save the Deers which will also count for WP. So not anything insurmountable or wasteful for sure.

Running Shiny Gemstone and Save the Deers every day will net just shy of 5 million xp every 30 days (4,926,000 if i calced it correctly). Not too shabby to earn that much xp for stuff I'm mostly already doing anyway. Plus one skunk and one drill sergeant a day, not to mention the other good buffs and also the shards. To me the shards are a nice bonus, not the entire purpose.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    25 Steaks?? 50 Steaks??? All self-buffed??? I really, really don't understand the massive requirements for self buffing with steaks? Ridiculous!!! On one hand you encourage people to form partnerships and drop buffs on others and then in the next breath you require massive self-buffing with long term buffs. It's really contradictory and makes very little sense. These side quests need to be modified to allow either self buffing AND/OR others to drop or the buffs need to be something shorter term.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'm pretty sure I expected the 25 steak buffs. I thought Wiki listed it a while ago. The 50 caught me off guard, though. I self buff a lot, but I'm falling about 15 buildings shy of the mark if I actually do it daily. Simple enough to overcome by just finding more random buildings to buff, but this quite a cumbersome buff requirement, albeit still doable. I get why they wouldn't want people to resolve this quest with 50 fish platters, but surely there was something in the middle.

World
    Zeus
    I have no problem producing and dropping either 25 or 50 steak buffs.... it's the "on your own Island" I take exception to... These buffs would be far more useful dropping in Guild on others that could use them rather than wasting them on minimally productive buildings in order to fulfill a ridiculous quest.

These ill-thought out requirements are pushing people away from exchanging buffs by overloading them with imposed long-term self-buffs. This trend for requiring longer and longer self-dropped buffs is slowly driving player interaction and co-operation out of the game.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The whole concept that brought me to TSO was building and expanding my friends list and working in my guild to the benefit of all guidies. I cannot believe that in TSO that the removal of buffing and resource swapping is the way to go. Making everyone self reliant on their own resources and buff capabilities, really deviates from where this game should be going. We need more interaction and cooperation in this game and not less, take a good hard look at interactions and buffing/swapping before coming out with these types of new content.

G

World
    Zeus
    With the Excelsior Travel Guide/Long Letters quests you can run the 2 that require an Ali adventure at the same time and one Ali fulfills the run requirement for both. So it's likely the same will hold true for Wolf Puppy. Leave it at the point that requires 50 buffs and as you fulfill the 25 buff quest for Save the Deers twice over the course of about 24 hours you are also fulfilling the 50 buff quest in Wolf Puppy.

Given the cost in stalks and the huge resource requirements I don't see that WP is one that most people will be running every day so this work around should help ease the 50 buff requirement if it's possible to do.

My plan is to start Save the Deers every night before logging off so that morning buffs will fill the buff requirement. If these buffs were required to be done on a friends island, I'd have to find 100 buildings to buff over the course of 4 days rather than 50 on my own island over the course of 2. I play prem so steaks last 3 days 7 hours and 12 minutes which is why I'm saying 100 buildings over 4 days for a friend if I want to do morning buffs at about the same time every day. Personally I'd rather deal with finding the 50 on my own island. This doesn't stop me from giving away or swapping loot spots with friends and guild mates or doing all the other buff swapping, RTs, talking in guild chat and etc I normally would be doing.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hi Perwyn, I was planning on running daily and have done all 3 yesterday and doing all 3 today again.

As mentioned above the buff of 25 / 50 for the two quests can be mingled. However, like many others in this game I have a buff partner and its nice to have that cooperation and communication and greatly influences my decision on coming onto the game. Removing such cooperation does lose an aspect of the game. Yes you can get this from other tasks but as others have said, BB should be looking to increase communication and cooperation not withdrawing those options. Everything BB normally does is to keep you on the game and increase retention e.g daily quests, GQ, pathfinder etc etc. This however, seems to be someone thinking about how they can just get players to resource dump and not a fully thought through task.

Steaks take a long time to make and cost a lot of resources in addition to the 60k meat requirement. If BB didn't aim for people to run daily why would the cool down only be 23hr?

I agree it should be difficult and should be reasonably expensive but limiting the buffage to self and steaks does take something away from the game for me and others.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Considering the buff length, does friend buffing really solve the complaints? I guess it wouldn't hurt, but do people really have 150 buildings in need of buffing? Of course, if you mostly friend buff, and now you are required to self buff to complete these quests, I could see why this creates some complications.

Reply to Thread