Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 24.04.2018

World
    Zeus
    I also have a buff partner and these quests take nothing away from that partnership. At all.

If these could be done by self buffing with fish platters, nobody would be making a fuss or complaining about BB destroying the game.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I definitely agree with most of the other posters about the self steak requirement. Although there is always the option of using stop buffs and buffing yourself over and over, that would be a massive waste of buffs. This requirement should either a) be switched to buff someone else or b) have x steak buffs placed (either self or from a friend). Alternatively, you could have a special quest item that needs to be created utilizing similar resources that can then be applied to mayors office like many others have. The requirements/waste.. er usage of resources would be the same but would not impede social game play. Like steaks, they could be RPH only or tradable.

World
    Zeus
    I don't know if people advocating for changing these quests to require buffing a friend are thinking this all the way through.

It may become difficult to find 25, 50 or even 75 relevant buildings to buff every single day with steaks when they last for 3 days or even more on prem.

Smoked fish buffs are going to be coming on line relatively soon, which will last 5 days on prem. So if this gets changed to be friend buffs with steaks and then smoked fish buffs come on line, what happens then??

I don't want to be forced to do friend buffs with steaks anymore than you guys want to do selfies with steaks. So if any change happens, it needs to be that we have the choice/option of either selfies or friendlies.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Arrived home from work. Discovered maintenance is perfectly timed from 7 pm central through 1 am central, so there goes the daily log in streak (wait, I logged in here, they should make that count)....

Since Fairy Tales (all 3 player) came out, almost all the new/good content (AB's, Excelsior) has been more 1 player, with a few exceptions like Second Thief - unfortunately Second is pretty hard to get for most players. This is just another step in that direction.

I would love an either/or - place 25 buffs at home or on a friend. We see the split option quest mechanic is already in place with the party crashers - multiple ways to resolve the quest. This would make everyone happier I think?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    That is the point I was getting at. I would support an option of allowing friend buffs in addition to self buffs if that's what people really want (no forced friend buffing please). I don't know how much sense it makes. Even with the dozens of new buildings I just built, I would be hard pressed to find enough buildings that I wanted to waste the steaks on every day. I'm barely able to find 100, plus the 25 needed for Irma baskets.

I'm expecting to mostly just pass on the fish buffs unless something changes, at least until I hit level 75. I was looking forward to that, but I don't have enough buildings.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Two words, resource sink. Nuff said.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Fair points above but I find it funny that until now it was pretty much only "use 6 hour aunt irma baskets" in quests and every time there was comments like "why do i have to use irma baskets at level 70? let us use steaks". Now it is steaks and that is again a problem.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Got to agree, friend buffing is still not the best option available but would at least make the full use of the steak buff and would increase cooperation as the buffing would have to be daily (if you do the quests daily) and the island buildings divided in to a cycle (not an option i want to consider really but still better than current employed method).

However, as first mentioned I think the best way is to use a buff that doesn't last as long (under 24hrs) like the baskets previously used or give an any buff option (could even be excluding fish platters if that's a massive issue).

But until BB fixes my access to the merchant for me this issue is now mute.... come on BB add something without messing up everything else please!

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I am sorry that this new buff is causing so many issues. What changes to it would make it "better"?

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I am sorry that this new buff is causing so many issues. What changes to it would make it "better"?

-BB_Odhran
    I find the requirements of the new buff quests, particularly Wolf Puppy, to be somewhat inconvenient. But considering the rewards, I am okay with that. I expect to be challenged to find a way to rebalance my island and boost resource production. There is so much value to this extra way to earn XP. I would be fine if nothing changed, though there is room for improvement.

Change use steak buff on own island quests to just use steak buffs. Self buff OR friend buff. I could see the drawbacks to the friend buff option, but also the benefits. It's growing on me as I consider it. I would fully support such a change, as long as it's optional.

These quests could also be simplified by allowing shorter duration buffs or slashing the number of steak buffs required. Also longer duration. I would like to see fish steaks or any future buffs be added to the mix when the time comes. Perhaps use buffs that add up to X (1.5X friend) hours. If I don't like steaks and want to use baskets instead, let me find a way to drop 400 of them.

It's really outside the scope of this discussion, but allowing the buffing of already buffed buildings would not only help but be a general quality of life improvement. Not indefinite but 5 days or a week or double the length of the longest buff or something else that allows for some extension.

Reply to Thread