Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are loot spots so expensive now ?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Why are loot spots so expensive now ?

I started playing in 2014 but haven't been doing much active playing for the last two years. When I stopped the loot spots were mostly running around 2k, lately I have been seeing the fairly tale adventure loot spots selling for 20k or more. I can't understand why these are selling for so much since I am pretty sure you could actually buy the loot you get from the auction house for less.

Is this just an outcome of the increase of the lvl cap to 75 ?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Buff quests can only be obtained from fairy tale and Ali babe adventures, the loot spots of these adventures are based on both the loot value and the perceived value of the easy and fast xp obtained through buff quests.

I believe in the month or two after the level cap raise a BLT loot spot reached 70k+ in "value."

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Buff quests can only be obtained from fairy tale and Ali babe adventures, the loot spots of these adventures are based on both the loot value and the perceived value of the easy and fast xp obtained through buff quests.

I believe in the month or two after the level cap raise a BLT loot spot reached 70k+ in "value."
    Okay thanks. I am glad I missed that then.

I think there has been inflation happening in the game as well since I can sell items for a lot more than I used to.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    ive seen some higher sales for bab's and H/BLT lately, the others still are on the low end. they will spikes during events for sure, maybe a little more now since beans/stalks have a permanent use with dailies xp quests, along with premo time, xp follow up quests, and always the profit of follow ups to sell =o

certain items have been inflated due to various reasons, mainly gem items, rare adv and buffs. most of the others sellables have tanked pretty hard...

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Okay thanks. I am glad I missed that then.

I think there has been inflation happening in the game as well since I can sell items for a lot more than I used to.
    Supply and demand. It will happen and then it will go back down at some point.

-BB_Odhran

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Supply and demand is the basis for the prices, but there is a lot more going on. Many changes in the game have contributed to the increase in prices and there is very little that will bring them down again. Unlike many other games, there are no significant gold sinks in the game. The majority of gold coins removed from the game is in the form of one time costs for upgrades. Otherwise, gold is transferred between players without loss. The essentially unlimited storage ability is also a factor. Additionally, supply and demand changes are limited by the artificial restriction of the market. As the number of slots of sales is limited by spending at the time of posting the sale, there is less fluidity in the market. While a very limited gold sink, it disincentivizes speculative offerings; something that would not happen if the gold loss was linked to the sale rather than the posting.

The supply of loot spots is also decreasing, primarily of design decisions. The tailor series of fairy tale adventures are universally three player adventures. Due to game mechanics, they are commonly done by one person with two loot spots given out. The previous inability to get experience through loot spots meant that everyone between levels 48 and 58 was doing these adventures for the experience. The addition of the mini-quest buffs as loot changed this somewhat, but the availability of gold to higher level players set the price on these higher. Once reaching the level where the Ali Baba series are available, loot spot availability is scant, with half of the adventures being single player only, including the one required to get access to further adventures, and the other predominantly two-player. The other game additions, ventures and quests, are also single player only.

The changes in event adventures have also contributed to this trend. The decrease in return for multiple player adventures and bonus returns to single player ones shifted players away from adventures that would provide loot spots again.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Coins are also removed from the game when you move higher level buildings.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Coins are also removed from the game when you move higher level buildings.
    True, but I would hope that it is not a regular occurrence which would mean it is very limited. My most significant gold sink is the explorers I use to obtain adventures, a more or less daily cost. For active traders, the cost for additional sales slots also removes some coin; however, it also discourages small value sales.

On the supply side, each gold tower brings in approximately 100 coins a day (unbuffed) for an equal amount of wheat and a coinage about 59 golds per level per day (unbuffed). There is additional input into the coin chain from the explorers and adventure loot.

Another limitation to supply/demand correction that was not mentioned before is the time limits to sales. Not only are the amounts of sales limited, but players are limited by needing to be online to maintain the sale (with additional cost for each renewal).

Reply to Thread