Reply to Thread

Thread: Public API?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Question Public API?

To whom it may concern,

Is there a public API or group of webhooks that can be utilized to create an app that notifies users while away from their desktops? I wanted to create a personal notification system when I receive certain in-game mails. If successful I could offer the app to the community.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I'm a geek/programmer myself and am always looking for ways to dig into the data behind games I play, but i've found most that devs seems to get all uppity about giving access to an api (I've tried with multiple different games to get access to some sort of api for read-only data). The power of giving an api to the community means you would see a lot more activity within that community as you see the creative 3rd party developments from players with passion for the game. In the end, it's not a money maker for them and a lot of work to develop. I don't see such an old game getting that kind of attention. We can always hope!

In one of the games I played, you could see all the stats in a web interface so we ended up scraping the website and aggregating all the data we wanted. They didn't really like that :P Not the easiest solution and unfortunately TSO doesn't even really have web stats other than those pointless rankings/leaderboards.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Navybofus View Post
    ... an app that notifies users while away from their desktops?
    Just this, so useful. But you need to think consecuences. I can't see a way to do this without login through game, and doing this unofficially will put riskin their accounts data.

Quote Originally Posted by Bordoc View Post
    ... In the end, it's not a money maker for them and a lot of work to develop.
    Of course, an api is good for push creativity tools, but it can be powerfull than you expect. I was thinking in some way to make my own pricelist realtime to catch any "truth" offer in TO but Excel is too limited and this way always requires input info.

Actually my Excel give me all data that I need to know but require constant updating.

Reply to Thread