Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Follow-up Adv Drop Rate

Please fix the follow-up adventure drop rates for the following adventures:
    -Island of the Pirates (Motherly Love)
    -Witch of the Swamp (Old Friends)
    -The Nords (Invasion of the Nords)
    -Secluded Experiments (More Secluded Experiments)
    -Bandits Nest (Return to the Bandits Nest)
    Please fix it, not just to only drop once in 4 yrs, but to have a chance to drop again.
    It would lead to more people doing these adventures as well as clearing the followup adv quests that many people have had for years.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Bravo Allinel.

For too long this problem has been ignored.

Too many up and comers are stifled on the follow up quests.

Dunno about Invasion of the Nords though, that was always a dream lol

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Please fix the follow-up adventure drop rates for the following adventures: [...]
    Hear, hear. Not only are the actual rates ridiculously low (if posted rates on the Wiki are to be believed).

[...] Island of the Pirates (Motherly Love) [...]
    Ran MANY of these, only had one drop, ever. Now, ofc, been over a year since I ran an IotP.

[...] Witch of the Swamp (Old Friends) [...]
    Had an OF drop about 6 months ago, I like running WoTS once in a while.

[...] The Nords (Invasion of the Nords) [...]
    This is the bane of all things TSO (Bringing up flashbacks to 'The Great Nerfing of Fall 2014'; Never seen one fall, though I have heard from one (1) reliable source which claims to have had on drop, so apparently it does happen.

[...] Secluded Experiments (More Secluded Experiments) [...]
    Joke. Been over 2 years since I have seen MSE drop, and I run SE semi-frequently and ONLY swap the ls (so, 3x chances per run). Side note: In the 400+ SE loots I have participated in, not a single AG, either... just saying.

[...] Bandits Nest (Return to the Bandits Nest) [...]
    Yes, this used to drop.... some years ago. Even seemed to meet the Wiki published rates, but no longer. When BN was a premium adventure in one of the recent events (Easter or Halloween 2017) and we ran a slew of these things and nobody got a fu among the many who did run them that I was conversing with....

[...] Please fix it, not just to only drop once in 4 yrs, but to have a chance to drop again.
    It would lead to more people doing these adventures as well as clearing the followup adv quests that many people have had for years. [...]
    +1 - I concur.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    This is the bane of all things TSO (Bringing up flashbacks to 'The Great Nerfing of Fall 2014'; Never seen one fall, though I have heard from one (1) reliable source which claims to have had on drop, so apparently it does happen.
    I had one drop. Thought I was dreaming but its still in star so it must have happened. After The Great Nerfing I have also got a ML and a OF. Id say the drop rate of 1-2% is accurate.

Anyway they fixed the problem by removing followup requirement from main quest and judging by the years of nothing at all happening its final. No idea why they would basically remove these pretty nice adventures from the game. Not talking about the loot I actually enjoyed playing them unlike the usual stuff.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    I had one drop. Thought I was dreaming but its still in star so it must have happened. After The Great Nerfing I have also got a ML and a OF. Id say the drop rate of 1-2% is accurate. [...]
    Yes, for Nords, that may be; I know I don't run more than required for bonus, daily or PF quests, so hard to say in my case that I run enough to really make a statistic on it; However, I must clarify, that 1-2% is BS if we are discussing AG or MSE... Sorry but more than 400 loots, and no AG, and 2x MSE (Both of these in the first 6 months I ran SE) I call shenanigans on drop rates of SE.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I've had several Old Friends drop. One Easter event a couple years ago I actually got 3 of them - obviously, I did a lot of WOTS during that event. And have had Motherly Love a few times. But have never seen any of the others, despite having done quite a few Nords. Nobody I know has ever had the Nords follow-up either.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    ...But have never seen any of the others, despite having done quite a few Nords. Nobody I know has ever had the Nords follow-up either.
    I got one followup on Nords 3 or 4 years ago, was the only one, despite doing hundreds of them in effort to level up back then.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Hi all,

Thank you for pointing out that these are not giving the follow ups. I have passed the word on and am waiting to hear back about it. Please continue to have patience as this matter is looked into.

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for pointing out that these are not giving the follow ups. I have passed the word on and am waiting to hear back about it. Please continue to have patience as this matter is looked into.
    They do drop, the chances are just abysmal considering the time investment someone needs to make to run an adventure in the first place. While you are "at it", could you also ask if there has finally enough data been gathered on adventure to bring a rebalance so we can rub some stats into Alex' face?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Dear Devs,
    You did such a nice job fixing the drop rate for the buildings from co-ops and adventures, now please fix the followup adventure drop rates as well.
    -Island of the Pirates (Motherly Love)
    -Witch of the Swamp (Old Friends)
    -The Nords (Invasion of the Nords)
    -Secluded Experiments (More Secluded Experiments)
    -Bandits Nest (Return to the Bandits Nest)

Reply to Thread