Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 23.05.2018

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    shhhh Dave, we will finally be able to avoid training extra troops or run snake/besieged
    I actually enjoyed those quests now and then. Just feel like i was misled in making the effort to get to pathfinder, only for the reward to be halved. Slowed down with game when this was shown on test, nothing to inspire me to play anymore.. changes / improvements... i don't see any improvements at all of note, just fluff and more resources sinks.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    "A new fog will now cover the home island."

What is the purpose of this new "feature"? Are we going to still be able to see our islands? As someone whose vision isn't the greatest any more, I'm not looking forward to having my island covered in fog. Not at all.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    A lot of bad changes, I'm not happy at all.

World
    Zeus
    Weekly rewards for the Pathfinder have been changed to:
    3 tasks: 300 Grout
    6 tasks: 2,500 Star Coins
    9 tasks: 15 Crystals
    Stopped right there. Hate this update. All the good things going right now, and you take away the Star Coins that we toiled to get to?! WTH? Seriously? Dumping Granite was a good idea for PF rewards; adding Crystals good, I suppose, why not put them in the middle for half and keep 5k for Star Coins.

Bah. Less and less motivation to grind here. Whatever.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    In the past, players could not purchase a second Rarity Provision House. With this new mechanic, it would be possible to increase the speed of the RPH by having a second. Will the lock on multiple purchases be lifted now? Will players be able to purchase those they could not in previous events? Will players be able to get a second during the next winter event?

Additional note: Currently on the test server, you can have 2 RPH's, but there is no change in the speed of production. The footie pitch/training field has half the cooldown time and an additional buff. The spring park also has half the cooldown. Both buildings now have a 'duplicate bonus' added to the GUI.
    On test you can have two rphs because one is given to you at the start and the merchant is not altered to reflect that (same reason you can get 6 unlimited copper). However, the free one isn't "real" as if you tear it down it will not go back to star. If you buy the one for gems, that one will go back to star if destroyed.

My point being, that I do not believe "provision houses" in this update description actually refers to the PH/RPH, but instead to the new MCC buildings that are also a type of provision house in that they are use to make buffs as well. (Fish steak, barracks buffs...) Those ones ARE affected by the speed increase for multiple buildings.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    When will the Renew Trade button be implemented in the TO?

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I predict this will be the most poorly received "changes" in years.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I hope this is step 1 in a 2-step plan for the Pathfinder.

There are items being introduced like 1000 star coin horseshoes, which are only actually useful on a few massive AB adventures, if at all, and then the primary source of star coins for most players is cut in half. I would think this is step one in removing BLT from the game? I will still buy the weekly gems, the premium day, assassins and ROA's, but will skip buying BLT's and just run AB's now. I will never buy that horseshoe...

If this is the direction the game is going, you need multiplayer adventures or ventures in the Excelsior, because you continue to destroy the multiplayer aspects of the game. Note this is not a knock against the EQ campaign or the coming MCC campaign, both are/appear to be excellent content, as are some of the other Excelsior ventures, but they are all one player.

IMO, the pathfinder is the best mechanic in the game... I would actually recommend introducing a mini-Pathfinder at level 50 with maybe three tasks a week so others get to enjoy the variation of gameplay required to meet each weekly set of tasks. I would love to see every adventure obtainable without gems, except for the ridiculously low drop rate follow ups like RBN/MSE/ML/OF, be a potential part of the weekly pathfinder tasks.

Anyway, now that I can get half star coins for little effort, I don't have to finish the PF each week. I have 1900 crystals saved up for the release of the MCC so 15 crystals is not that exciting. I'll do it if it's easy, but the nice thing about PF is that it wasn't always easy and the reward was very motivational.

Anyway, can we get some multiplayer content that isn't a bad coop? Anything that resembles Siege with AB bandits would work, or just regular multiplayer advents.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Boo multiple buildings of the same type decreasing the cool down. Yea! Leveling up buildings. Boo, Blue Byte, Boo!
    One army. Pretty please.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I don't really mind the increase in Plat needed but why nerf the pathfider? I am with Dave on this. It would be nice if you guys actually added real content instead of whatever you call this fluff.

Reply to Thread