Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 23.05.2018

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    [...] I can get half star coins for little effort, I don't have to finish the PF each week. [...]
    I completely agree with this; cannot count the times I would not have pushed to get all 9 tasks done with the SOLE purpose of getting those 5k Star Coins -- I assure you, that motivation/inspiration will NOT be there for the measly crystals once I have my nerfed Star Coins for the week. You can kiss running Besieged City or Sinbad and the Sea Snake ever again, and even any coops since they are hard enough to get non-PF players to run them with.

Wrong direction folks.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    So, no increase in elite barracks speed? Please allow level 7-8 upgrade, the reliance on recruit guide and egg roll buffs is just plain irritating when we are already using skunks or drills. The Pathfinder change of halved star coins is not inspiring and taking them away seems unfair. Wouldn't it have been better to adjust the cost of items in the star coin merchant, then players could decide what is important for them to buy?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Well what do you expect. I frequently heard people saying they had too much plat ore, and people with pathfinder are drowning in star coins.
    My only complaint is the increase in the time & weapons needed to make elite troops. This is already too slow, why make it worse?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The production cost increased, the production time decreased.

World
    Zeus
    The more I look at this update, it seems to me that BB is actively trying to either encourage players to stop adventuring and/or kill the game in its entirety.

Aside from the issue with PathFinder nerfing of the Star Coins which were a part of most 'grinding' players:
    • Smelter production requirements?! Okay, we DO have a lot of platinum. Does everyone realize this is doubling for everything?! Coal as well. For all active adventuring/grinding types, this is steep.
    • Doubling the cost of the two troops that make the heart of our armies?! Seriously? If you adventure/grind, this is a punishing change. Discouraging even.
    • Reducing the time for 2x troop types?! I noticed some peeps suggested that this is a nice off-set. Well, those troops are the LEAST used/needed/required in the arsenal, so that is not really a factor or blessing, more like a back-handed slap.

It seems to me after re-reading the posts, that the peeps cool with the changes to production and rewards, obviously do not adventure much, or only run the occasional WC or 1st/2nd Thief.

BB, what are your thoughts behind these changes that appear to push the active player (well, player who adventures a lot) away from the game?

PS -Anyone 'drowning' in Star Coins, obviously is not spending them. There is plenty of very useful and perishable items in the Merchant which will easily eat up the 5k Star Coins. the FT adventures alone cost 1.5k, and surely most people do not depend on the FT chain to drop enough SLT and BLT to sustain adventuring. Please.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    • Smelter production requirements?! Okay, we DO have a lot of platinum. Does everyone realize this is doubling for everything?! Coal as well. For all active adventuring/grinding types, this is steep.
    • Doubling the cost of the two troops that make the heart of our armies?! Seriously? If you adventure/grind, this is a punishing change. Discouraging even.
    • Reducing the time for 2x troop types?! I noticed some peeps suggested that this is a nice off-set. Well, those troops are the LEAST used/needed/required in the arsenal, so that is not really a factor or blessing, more like a back-handed slap.
    Yay, someone else actually read through it all.

World
    Zeus
    The increase in platinum usage is no big deal given the amount of plat ore in my (and no doubt everybody else's) star menu these days. They had to do something to address the overage and rather than decrease the amount we get in loot they increased the usage.... OK. Coal usage stayed the same, so no worries there. Going from 1 platinum sword to 2 for Mounted Swordsmen? No big deal either.

As far as an increase in elite barracks speed, we'll be able to get the Fortress from MCC which will make elite barracks buffs that increase speed by 500% (X6 buff for the percentage impaired) so there is that on the horizon. It costs a lot of plat swords to make the buff so another resource sink built in or I guess an extension of the same one actually. Since the Epic Forge comes fully loaded with all smelters/swordmakers at level 1, it's easy enough to cover the extra plat swords for the buffs.

Star coins...... Since I haven't made it to pathfinder level yet I can't literally share your pain, but yeah, there's no way to get the lipstick to stick, is there? 15 crystals? 1/2 the star coins? Seriously?

General Mary with Bounty Hunter and Fast Learner pays an ok amount of star coins in Woodpecker, 3rd Thief and probably ToW as well. With prem each can pay over a hundred with no significant increase in losses. It's almost as if she was designed for being the Bounty Hunter general. Master Planner makes no huge difference with Mary due to her low troop count and any other general with Bounty Hunter is a joke. So there's that to console myself with, even tho level 70 is still a long way off and BB might adjust rewards again long before I get there.

The good news is we'll finally get a reward for finding all the collectibles. it's only a few shards, but at least now there's a reason to finish.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    [*]Smelter production requirements?! Okay, we DO have a lot of platinum. Does everyone realize this is doubling for everything?! Coal as well. For all active adventuring/grinding types, this is steep.
    There is no increase in coal usage. When I saw the plat increase on test I went back and forth between test and live to see what the differences were. Coal was the same on test. No increase. Also... current usage of coal for a level 6 smelter is 96, changelog states coal usage for level 6 smelter is 96. No change.

As far as doubling the cost of 2 troop types, we only purposely lose 1 of the 2. Losing mounted marksmen is kinda like losing cannons, isn't it? Doubling from 1 plat sword to 2 is a whole lot less punishing than from 10 to 20 would be.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Pathfinder rewards.
    There were several great suggestions on how to deal with this on test server including my own. Use more than one set of rewards for pathfinder. There are at least 3 available immediately: current one, the one going live with update and there was a BB alternative on test. These 3 reward sets can alternate or be chosen randomly each week.
    BB chose not to make changes.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    [...] As far as doubling the cost of 2 troop types, we only purposely lose 1 of the 2. Losing mounted marksmen is kinda like losing cannons, isn't it? Doubling from 1 plat sword to 2 is a whole lot less punishing than from 10 to 20 would be.
    Not really the point since, unless you be perfect, *stuff* happens and cannons are lost in the course of the game play, and unlike cannons, there ARE camps where MM are needed to perform a sac wave, which there is no such thing as a cannon sac wave.

Well, sure, only doubling the MS lost is still going to crush any player who does adventure a lot. WC loses approximately 155-175 per, so I can run around 4/day with Skunks and keep up, other AB with higher losses, lol, not so much. This is ridiculous. Saying 2 is better than 10 is silly too. At this point, 10 is not much worse than 2.

As I mentioned earlier, it appears the only people who will be hurt are the ones who adventure for the bulk of their TSO time. Those who spend more time in G1, TO and Guild Chat are not likely to be affected much, you are correct. So, it appears BB is 'suggesting' that we adventure less and occupy our TSO time elsewhere.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread