Reply to Thread

Thread: chat wont let me hit enter

Mayor
    World
    Ares

chat wont let me hit enter

So yesterday mid wisp i accidentally bookmarked out of tso (hit a bookmark ...) and reloaded it to find that i could type but not hit enter in chat... any tab - not even wisp. sometimes it would let me hit 1 line then nothing. (i've accidentally closed the site b4 without issue...)

So .. i killed cache and cookies etc, reloaded chrome, rebooted, removed and re-added chrome, removed and re-added flash (both the computer and the web version), went into site settings in chrome and removed old site settings for tso, old cookies - everything... (i have removed cache and cookies several times during ts). there is no flash clearing in mac chrome (for flash files) but i did go to the special site adobe has for mac chrome flash and clear it there.. (http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager02.html) as well as on the mac player... just in case. chrome is off course up to date (checked) and adobe is also the latest version now for both mac and chrome (ppapi). still after all that - no chat.

yet... i still cannot type in chat. It works in firefox.. so its not the mac.

chrome version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    flash versions
    PPAPI Plug-in version 29.0.0.171
    NPAPI Plug-in version 29.0.0.171 (mac version)
    mac os x.13.4 (up to date also)

Any ideas? I'm completely stumped. in 6 years its never broken this badly.

thanks in advance.

cia

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Did you try "pressing" enter instead of hitting it? I'll see myself out now, good day

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    LOL funny.. i determined the game insists i hit option enter (or alt if it was windows) ... i have done a complete shut down.... and made sure sticky keys are off etc etc.. its not stuck on anywhere else. :/
    ... pressing enter.. no different :P
    cia

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Have you checked to make sure that mouse keys did not get enabled somehow? You can do so by pressing the option key five times.

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Hi... thanks, good idea, i have checked that and attempted on / off several times.. nada. I also verified in sys prefs trackpad that theres nothing on in there. (it started when i swiped to the left (which is like hitting the back arrow in chrome) and sent myself back to settlers homepage. Checked kb, modifier keys (restored defaults) sticky keys.. lol .. ..

cia

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    this is fixed .. friend suggested :Open Chrome.... click on Chrome Then Preferences, go to bottom and click on adv settings. Go to bottom of list and click on reset browser settings. There will be a warning, click on reset. Then relaunch Chrome.

worked . Shouldn't have since i did all the items it resets one by one b4 hand.. but .. shrugs ... computers .. lol
    happy dance

ciara

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Well I am glad you got it fixed. I wonder what item in Chrome would cause something like that to happen.

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    idk... i have tested all themes and extensions removed.. and it still randomly locks option on.. until i reset again. super frustrating. hope an update fixes it.
    ciara

Reply to Thread