Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: reducing build time

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

reducing build time

who want to wait over 2 week to build something its too long
    im suggesting to change the lvl 5 and 6 time of 7 day each to 2 day each
    additionally the lvl 3 to 4 going from 1 hour to 24 hour is abused so instead it should be 1 hour then 6 hour

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    No one wants to wait for any building to upgrade. Who wants to wait two days? Why not make an upgrade take place immediately? And why should it cost anything to upgrade a building?

Learning patience, delayed gratification, and how to wait and work for something is important. if everything was quick and easy the game wouldn't be any fun.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Yes. Going with lower levels the time from 5 to 6 is clearly to fast, 1 month fits better. And from 6 to 7 1 year.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    How much easier do we want it? It never stops!

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bson View Post
    No one wants to wait for any building to upgrade. Who wants to wait two days? Why not make an upgrade take place immediately? And why should it cost anything to upgrade a building?

Learning patience, delayed gratification, and how to wait and work for something is important. if everything was quick and easy the game wouldn't be any fun.
    I must agree. The times are there to make I more worth it and something to work hard towards. If it only took a couple f minutes, you would become instantly bored.

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    How much easier do we want it? It never stops!
    Consider the things like Barracks, central part of the game blocking you for 7-10 days doing anything (especially if you are still a growing noob and don't have a bazillion pop cap) or the PH, making you essentially miss 50% of your GQs because they rely on it, again a bigger component to the core game. Reasonable enough to have issues with that, take also into consideration that you are smart enough to do your upgrades once you go on holiday because, you know...you smart....and return to find out you still have 6-9 days to go because the server shuts your island down after 24h, not exactly a positive thing overall.

In the end, I'm still waiting for that first game to have the brilliant idea to maybe just keep the upgrade time BS in place but still allow production at, say 25-50% so it isn't dead wait/weight....but of course we "need to remember" they are businesses and want our monies and that's what I see those upgrade blocks/limits as, cash grabs.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    thinking about barracks upgrade, each lvl is being upgraded one time in any player's The Settlersonline game lifetime so seems not a big deal to miss a week unless make a really stupid mistake and start it during an event...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Actually best time to upgrade elite barracks to lev 5 and 6 (20 days) is during event. I did mine during Easter but cant think of event that it wouldn't work greatwith just using reg barracks.Just little planning required.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Consider the things like Barracks, central part of the game blocking you for 7-10 days doing anything (especially if you are still a growing noob and don't have a bazillion pop cap) or the PH, making you essentially miss 50% of your GQs because they rely on it, again a bigger component to the core game. Reasonable enough to have issues with that, take also into consideration that you are smart enough to do your upgrades once you go on holiday because, you know...you smart....and return to find out you still have 6-9 days to go because the server shuts your island down after 24h, not exactly a positive thing overall.

In the end, I'm still waiting for that first game to have the brilliant idea to maybe just keep the upgrade time BS in place but still allow production at, say 25-50% so it isn't dead wait/weight....but of course we "need to remember" they are businesses and want our monies and that's what I see those upgrade blocks/limits as, cash grabs.
    What would you consider a reasonable time for the barracks upgrade duration? The allowing slow production is a good idea and one I will be sure to suggest, might be a bit difficult or cause too many issues, which is why it hasn't been introduced.

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    What would you consider a reasonable time for the barracks upgrade duration?
    Don't have an answer for that since it takes "too many variables" to get there and then will simply be a catch 22, as the next person in line won't be happy with that either.

Reduced productivity is a decent compromise for both sides I think but as you mentioned, by now probably something that the fresh intern getting to do it won't be able to implement properly.

Reply to Thread