Reply to Thread

Thread: Blocks failing all of a sudden

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Blocks failing all of a sudden

I know, I know... blocks fail all the time and it's usually user error, not the game. I've screwed up my share of blocks. But I started an adventure this morning that I've done a dozen times and have had three straight failed blocks - in all three cases one of the blocking generals killed off the blocked camp before the leader camp was destroyed. I went back and looked at all three blocks and I had the correct troops and placed my generals according to the guide I've used many times.

I noticed there was a change to the bars showing enemy camp status during the attack (they've gotten larger and are bright green and are there from the start rather than showing up as the camp begins to be killed off). Is there a chance something has been changed regarding the attack times or something?

I realize it's possible I screwed up three simple blocks, but has anyone else experienced this since the last update?

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Could you provide more information regarding those blocks, including the adventure, camp, and set-up used?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I had the same problem. Done the block a ton of times. Only thing is my troops got destroyed almost immediately and then intercepted my other Gen. I sent in a ticket but haven't heard anything back yet. The Adv I was on was The Lost City. Using Evil J's guide as always. 196MS for the Block. Ended up with Major taking out the camp and losing around 175+MM plus MS and the MS from the failed block

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Only thing is my troops got destroyed almost immediately and then intercepted my other Gen. I sent in a ticket but haven't heard anything back yet
    Don't waste your time, there is no support on blocks. Alex at least admitted it to be a core aspect of the game now, albeit unintended, but it's at your own risk/no support for it.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    For those who are unfamiliar with what is being discussed, here is the tutorial from the game archive system.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Don't waste your time, there is no support on blocks. Alex at least admitted it to be a core aspect of the game now, albeit unintended, but it's at your own risk/no support for it.
    There should be support for battle duration, round times etc. These are an intended part of the game. If a battle is over for example in 20 sec instead of 2 min its a bug and should be fixed.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    There should be support for battle duration, round times etc. These are an intended part of the game. If a battle is over for example in 20 sec instead of 2 min its a bug and should be fixed.
    I actually like that as a valid "workaround" to get support for blocks haha

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    The attack times have not changed. The bars have changed and were mentioned in the change log. They are something that we are looking further into. I am sorry that you had this issue and if it happens again for you please do let me know, so we can look further into it.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    As in relation to my post above. You can see that my cursor is on the camp as the troops inside of it are highlighted, but no Green Health Bar is being shown. The Game itself "Glitched" and removed the Green Health Bar during the attack. So it shouldn't matter if I was blocking or not. The game itself malfunctioned and the camp didn't react they way it was intended to causing the loss of troops.

I received a reply email stating that they are aware of the "Bug" and currently working on it. What that means is a whole different story.

As for compensation, I'm just going to chalk it up as a loss. Hopefully this doesn't happen to fellow Settlers or myself in the future.

Reply to Thread