Thread: shop not working

Noble
    World
    Zeus

shop not working

ppl are throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening! fix it

"Unfortunately an error occured while the shop was loading, please click
    here
    to reload the page. If the error keeps persisting, please try again in a few minutes."

nvm minutes its been like this for hours..
    Mad scientist.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    ppl are throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening! fix it

"Unfortunately an error occured while the shop was loading, please click
    here
    to reload the page. If the error keeps persisting, please try again in a few minutes."

nvm minutes its been like this for hours..
    Hey. I am sorry that this issue is happening. Could you let me know which method you are using for the payment and also if this issue is still ongoing?

-BB_Odhran

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    No I cannot as the message was displayed on the Products page.
    No it was only ongoing during happy hour.
    Mad scientist.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hi,

I have had this problem several times, and I thought I might share my experience in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I should note this was a while ago as I don't play actively anymore, but it should still be valid.

Whenever there was a happy hour sale I would get the error mentioned above: "Unfortunately an error occurred while the shop was loading, please click here to reload the page. If the error keeps persisting, please try again in a few minutes.". The game would run fine, and the shop would always work outside of happy hours, but during the happy hour sale, it would never work. The message about "trying again in a few minutes" indicates a temporary problem, but in my experience (similar to the original poster) it was never resolved automatically.

I waited it out each time without any changes, and I also contacted support to no avail. Last time I contacted the mod who was on Ares with the error but got an answer that he/she was not aware of such a problem and had no solution.

I almost gave up, but then tried to change the country in the shop page to the United States. I live in Europe, so my shop defaults to local currency and country. Changing it to the United States solved it, and the shop reloaded perfectly. I had to pay in dollars rather than my local currency; nevertheless, it worked. The previously credit cards in Xsolla also showed up as normal. For the sake of curiosity, I tried with a non-exhaustive test with a couple of different countries using a VPN service and got the same error for all countries.

When I told the mod I mentioned above about it, he/she just replied: "yeah, this is an American server, so that makes sense". I would agree with this if it were not for the fact that: (1) it used to work without selecting United States/dollars previously, and that (2) the shop still defaults to the local region when entering the shop. Enough rambling, sorry about that.

My point is that I have done this multiple times and it has solved my issue with the error message every time. Hopefully, this solution will pertain to other non-US players having similar issues as well.

Happy settling!

Stavros

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Shop flaky again 28-aug-18, UK shop not loading, but US does.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Only shop pages I could make load are US, Canada, Aus and Brazil. All the rest go "sorry it's broken"

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    have the same issue its only when happy hour is on never after its over

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Tested the shops this morning and all seem to be working fine. I am sorry that you ran into issues earlier with this.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Same here, only down during happyhour, not fair

just tried and changing to USA was the trick> just had to pay in dollars

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I started to purchase the Halloween 125% special, cancelled the transaction (hadn't even been prompted to log into PayPal when I closed the pop-over) to consider a different payment method and then every payment method said the selected pack was invalid. Reloading the Store page (and logging in from a different browser with no prior cache) no longer showed the 125% deal. I get that it's one per customer but I would think I'd have to be able to successfully purchase it in the first place?

Reply to Thread