Reply to Thread

Thread: Demolition Undo or Delay

Mayor
    World
    Ares

Demolition Undo or Delay

I have accidentally deleted two level 6 buildings in the past week, neither of which was the one I had clicked on when choosing to demolish (I wanted to demolish a level 2 mine in each case). Rebuilding them, not a huge amount of resources, although it'll add up eventually if it keeps happening, but now I have to wait 15 days. Perhaps the concept of what is done cannot be undone would negate an undo button and it would probably get annoying for every building, but at least if I'm demolishing something above a certain level (say 4), a 30 second cancellation timer would be welcome. Noticing within 2 seconds isn't enough because it's already on its way down.

World
    Zeus
    OK.... here's what I don't get.

If I go to demolish a well it comes up asking if I'm sure I want to demolish the well, with a huge red exclamation mark and a picture of said well.

If I go to demolish a level 6 building it asks if I'm sure I want to demolish this building. No big red exclamation mark, no picture of the building or text naming the building.

So a well .... a well!!!!.......gets all this preventative text and a picture, while a level 6 building gets nothing?!?!

There are times when a weird lag hits and the building that comes up is one that my cursor passed over several squares away and not the building my cursor is actually over and I think I've opened.

So yeah Gwalben, I feel your pain having deleted a couple of level 6 nobles by accident because of this silly lag problem combined with no way of knowing which building is going to be demolished.

Unless it's something supremely valuable like a well. Only an idiot can delete a well by accident, but everything else??? Fairly easy to do.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The selection of a building is kinda random. I have selected buildings on the other side of the island not at all in view instead of the building I clicked on. Sometimes it selects buildings when im intentionally clicking on an empty space nowhere near a building. No idea how its possible.
    Mad scientist.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Yup, i've deleted lvl 5 buildings due to this as well
    the countdown time type thing from demo would work well but only if you could cancel it
    ciara

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    A demolition countdown would work, how long would be long enough for it though?

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Either a countdown or a final confirmation with the correct building highlighted AND referenced in text.

Problem with a countdown is that it could still be missed if someone gets distracted somehow, by you know, pets, kids, those kinda things. A final confirmation requiring one more final click would alleviate any possibility of error cause demolition won't start until the click happens.

I guess it would come down to which one would be more annoying. Either way we all know somebody's gonna complain about it.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread