Reply to Thread

Thread: Move the "Hotspot" on the game pointer, or an InGame Pointer

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Move the "Hotspot" on the game pointer, or an InGame Pointer

By this, I meant the games 'pointer' needs to be more aligned with our mouse 'pointer'. I can hover my pointer just to the right of an object and it'll be selected. Often times this becomes an issue when trying to select collectibles are nested between buildings. I have to sometimes move my mouse to the north of the item and come in from that direction because when I come in from the south or east, the building gets selected. And I'm clicking the exact same location.

Ooorrr, we have an In Game pointer option that gives us a different cursor (as long as it's lined up properly, of course). I think this would further increase the feel of being in the game if we had a TSO specific mouse pointer. Make it a sword, or crossbow, or something like that. Or we could choose from a list of available pointers in the settings.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Korishan View Post
    By this, I meant the games 'pointer' needs to be more aligned with our mouse 'pointer'. I can hover my pointer just to the right of an object and it'll be selected. Often times this becomes an issue when trying to select collectibles are nested between buildings. I have to sometimes move my mouse to the north of the item and come in from that direction because when I come in from the south or east, the building gets selected. And I'm clicking the exact same location.

Ooorrr, we have an In Game pointer option that gives us a different cursor (as long as it's lined up properly, of course). I think this would further increase the feel of being in the game if we had a TSO specific mouse pointer. Make it a sword, or crossbow, or something like that. Or we could choose from a list of available pointers in the settings.
    A specific cursor for in the game would be a fun thing to have. What about an icon that is already in the game or having it change from time to time to match an event?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Changing with events would be neat.

Reply to Thread