Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Improvements to adventures

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Improvements to adventures

Following a comment in changelog discussion, about changes to adventures.

There's a need for many adjustments to adventures in my view although the co-ops are most needy, so any progress there is good. You only have to look at what people mostly run: as soon as they reach L42 they start running as many Black Knights as they can, because BK is a massive sweet spot. There are several others in the same area of levels but all are much harder/more costly to run and don't bring any better reward, so hardly ever run. People run RB as a quick loot, but I feel that's maybe in the hopes of a witch tower.

The same applies to the fairytales, and to the babas. VLT gets run all the time, Clever LT hardly ever and not just because it's harder to get.

Another indicator is the typical prices in TO for the various advs. For example, WC will always easily fetch 4K coin, but some others you can't give away.

Rather than (and easier than) messing with all the adventures, though, the idea of short term bonuses, already implemented in events, could be the way to go. Say every weekend or maybe once a fortnight, pick 3 advs from low (under L30), mid (30-50) and high level (50+) and give them double loot. Start it on friday night and run through to Sunday night, so everyone gets a crack at it. Or you could do double loot for a week, once a month, which might be better.

The double or triple loot (and triple was much nicer) for some advs during events was a welcome breath of fresh air. On the first one, I got into running VTV (previously, I'd not bothered as the reward didn't justify the cost) and used up most of the ones I had in store. Making a monthly double loot event would encourage more adventure, allow people to level faster... all good from the point of view of retaining players. In event time you should go back to the triple loot that was in the first ones - myself, being a bit jaded with adventure, triple loot gave me the incentive to get playing more actively.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Great comment !
    Very well argumented !
    I agree !

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Having double loot weeks once a month does sound like an interesting idea and will be something that I bring up. How often would be best for these and would not having one during an event month be okay?

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    great idea.. also would take care of adventure burn out
    ciara

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I like this idea too. I know I tend to get in a rut, doing the same adventure over and over, so it would be nice to have an incentive to do something different. Once a month and not during events sounds good, as you suggested, Odhran.

World
    Zeus
    I think something along these lines is in the works, at least it was on test for a little while. What was being tested was "pirate themed" adventures. Meaning all adventures that had pirate type enemies, including everything from Island of the Pirates to Aladdin and the Oil Lamp, which covered all levels nicely.

I think the mechanism for grouping the adventures by enemy type, doubling the loot and offering what are usually unavailable adventures for map frags in the merchant was what was being tested, so it could easily be adapted to other themes and BB could spring a different type of adventure mini-event on us from time to time without having to do a massive amount of work to make it happen. Guess we'll see what happens......
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Ares
    i would also suggest that players can use additional copies of the adventure to get the increase in loot. maybe in order to get double or triple loot you have to sacrifice 5 or 10 copies of the adventure... that way we can burn through the hundreds of copies of it we have lying around...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I'd also like to be able to switch pictures of Generals, such as for Vets with different skill trees. QoL improvement to simply assign them a different picture to differentiate the Gens without needing to hover/wait/read name/skills.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I think something along these lines is in the works, at least it was on test for a little while. What was being tested was "pirate themed" adventures. Meaning all adventures that had pirate type enemies, including everything from Island of the Pirates to Aladdin and the Oil Lamp, which covered all levels nicely.

I think the mechanism for grouping the adventures by enemy type, doubling the loot and offering what are usually unavailable adventures for map frags in the merchant was what was being tested, so it could easily be adapted to other themes and BB could spring a different type of adventure mini-event on us from time to time without having to do a massive amount of work to make it happen. Guess we'll see what happens......
    These will be coming to the live server soon enough.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    I'd also like to be able to switch pictures of Generals, such as for Vets with different skill trees. QoL improvement to simply assign them a different picture to differentiate the Gens without needing to hover/wait/read name/skills.
    Yeah, I've always thought the idea of "general skins" so we could switch their looks would be cool. Another thing that would be nice is if their horses were different colors to make them easier to tell apart when they're walking on the map. Kinda like Heroes of M&M 3&4. If we could assign it/change it, so much the better.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread