Poll: What's your impression on the Summer Event 2018?

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I didn't even finish the event achievement this time around. I think it is the first event since I was a newbie that I didn't bother trying to complete the achivements.

The snack stand is a nice idea, but terribly implemented. Why make me find two (getting harder to come by) building slots for them? Why can't I just upgrade it like other buildings? 1.5 days to create 1 buff (and that's if I am lucky enough to have both snack stands)? If it were a rainbow I'd almost understand. But this isn't even as good as that. I may send those buildings to star after a while if they aren't adjusted in a future maintenance. We can get better efficiency out of RPH with other buffs right now.

Ditto with the footie pitch. Just let us upgrade the existing. I now have 4 slots taken up that could very feasibly be 2.

I also like getting drops from adventures, but there was no incentive to run any. Drop rates were awful for the time investment. One of the recurring trends I've seen over the last few events is a migration away from events that encourage player interaction. I get it that BB wants to revamp the co-ops and try to get people playing them, but the reality and nature of this game and the current player base is that it is much more difficult to find 2-4 players online at the same time who want to do a co-op than it is to run a 2-3 player adv and sell it as a loot spot at the end. Not BB's favorite thing and nothing they ever designed the game to be, but it works, the player base likes it, why try to prevent it from happening? You even (failed miserably) to try to build a fake event around these adventures being used like this.

Stop trying to fix what is broken. Give us good drop rates, allow us to have 1 or 2 3-person adventures (BK is just fine to mine for events--really!) to build around in addition to the co-ops. It is also a great way for new players to build XP and economy when they're trying to gain a foothold in this game.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Overall I liked the event and am pleased with it. I did think the items in the shop were a bit expensive compared to the availability of footballs. When I saw the list of football payouts from adventures on the wiki sites, I decided it would be better for me just to sell off resources from my island and buy footballs in the Trade Office rather than dedicating an extraordinary amount of time trying to do adventures. But if everyone had decided to do this… Well… I was concerned whether there were a sufficient number of balls in circulation among the players. (A player would have to run Arctic Explosion about 350 - 400 times in order to buy the snack stand.)

The new geologist is fantastic.

The snack stand: I absolutely love the design of it. It's really cute and I like having it on my island. The description in the event announcements though was misleading—by getting a second snack stand, I don't actually have a second independently functioning snack stand. If I had two independent snack stands, and they both still benefited from halved production time, that would be nice. But the three-day production time for stadium snacks is insane. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be producing stadium snacks in my snack stand. I will be making the red flying settlers as often as possible.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I wasn't sure if the poll accepted multiple answers. I did vote, but there doesn't seem to be any way to check which if any of my answers were counted. So here's my response: I love the geologist, I like the Snack Stand, and I had no difficulty with the achievements. Getting balls from adventures was a huge challenge, much more difficult than in any other event I've taken part in. On the server where I have a lot of explorers, I did manage to get everything in the event. On another server where my account is newer and has fewer explorers, I didn't manage to get everything. And that was despite devoting a LOT of time to adventures over the past 3 weeks. I really feel sorry for newer players and lower levels, I would think the event must have been pretty frustrating for them.

edited to add: I did enjoy the event, and would love to have a summer event every year.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am the one person who will be making Stadium Snacks around the clock. I have no use for RFS, so keeping my castle buffed constantly at little cost is perfectly suitable for me.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This Event was Skewed toward Senior Players with lots of explorers, huge numbers of generals, and lots of time....The Bad Part was my pet peeve from the last 3 or 4 events. Everyone ends up running Solo Adventures cause they provide the best return. You do not Provide a decent Adventure that everyone likes to run like Black Knights or Roaring Bull with decent drops. Just bumping them up about 25% would make both of these much more appealing and provide interaction in the guild rather then everyone mumbling how sucky the loot spots are during events....

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    There is a difference between upgrading a building a building a second of the same type. This "co-operative" building offers a new dynamic and gives purpose to exclusivity.
    If you want to improve a special building that you cannot upgrade, you will have to come back to that same annual event and participate in it.
    This is a two pronged effect.
    This benefits TSO in holding a player, and gives you something to do and reason to keep coming back.
    Win win.

That aside, I will now give the apology that BB won't give us.
    I am sorry to see the beginning of the end of settlers.
    But that's okay! It's not too late to fix things before it get's worse. Much much worse.

As I have explained the difference between a building which you can upgrade and building multiples of a building. We have a new dynamic introduced which is actually nice. This shows us the BB effort to keep introducing new functions to this free to play game. And they are trying to implement more and more for legacy players to grind for and keep us coming back with something else to do other than do more dam BLT and WC.

First I will address snack stand. The most utterly useless building ever released. If I did not have so many free squares on my island I wouldn't even have put the one free one I received on my island.
    The building to me is insulting. And seems to be delivered without forethought.
    I can see the determination to release the first test of having a potential 2 of this same building type. Field testing the functionality of stacking buildings on the live servers for the first time.
    I see what you did there. That's fine.
    But stadium snacks? really? Just.. really?
    You want me to spend meat on a 1 day buff which I would only use in a rare circumstance on a rare resource building.
    When.. I have lucky explorers teched to bring back up to 2 rainbow snow giving the same buff power over 4 days.
    Without meat cost.
    I, like many low level players, have dumped many crystals into tier 1 letters.
    which has given me many quests to do.
    including annoholics which gives me a you guessed it, stadium snack.
    Without a meat cost.

Because of this common crystal use to acquire gems for free.
    I have built up a nice stack of 50 stadium snacks I never ever ever not one time will ever be using.
    Because I'm not gonna drop a 1 day X4 buff on my lvl 6 FT castle and then know to come back at same hour the next day to do it again.
    I'm just gonna drop a snow on wednesday, and come back sunday to turn the castle off.
    Completely avoiding the meat cost, and saving myself the potential of missing 3 buff drops.

Stadium snacks used to be a rare buff, difficult to find, and had a niche for using high end resources (salt, ***, gunpowder) for that single day when you cannot afford 4 day's of running the same building.
    That's well and good and all.
    But us legacy players find it too easy to acquire resources to acquire such resources, and are still able to make 4 day runs at any time we want.
    Stadium snacks are completely useless.

Barazek however, remains to be my most sought after buff.
    I need those dam manuscripts from RPH. I need that RPH pumping out as fast as possible.
    But here's the kicker.
    I can't get barazek from the excelsior. I have to run AB level adventures and utilize elite units to complete, for chance at getting a bara drop.
    But wait! Now that I am past level 65 and have been playing for over 6 years.
    You want me to now start in on the impossible to complete nords adventures. Thanks for that by the way.
    So this elite barracks, which runs painfully slow. Comes with the cost of having to consistanly acquire skunk gen just to keep the build rate livable.
    And by livable I mean weeks, literal weeks. To get the troops to play in Nords venture line.
    But I need those troops to run Third thief for bara.. so which is it? I cannot advance to the next adventure set if I am stuck on the AB set.

Here is where the game falls apart for me. This is the digging of the grave.
    The buff issue, I can deal with. Thankfully I have 300k coins in pocket and a steady supply of everything that I can utilize the TO and get whatever I want.
    I am the bruce wayne of settlers.
    Well not really.. but I can afford what I want.
    Onto nords! Or as I like to refer to it "are you &#%!%&#% kidding me !?!?".
    Usually to do something, anything, we have to see the reward of doing so or we aren't going to do it.
    People go to the gym because they see the reward. Put time in, get healthy. Makes sense. So if you wanna get healthy, go to the gym. Right.
    These adventures promise me the reward of uh.. getting kicked in the nuts. That's about all you get out of it.
    Well there is this. "Ice Swimming Reduces recruitment time in Elite Barracks about 500% for 4 hours"
    You know, after you spend nearly 10k obsidian Ore. Which will take exactly how many elite units deaths to acquire?
    In no way, not even remotely close not even just.. NO!!
    This reward is so far disproportionate to the cost.
    This is horribad, so bad. Just NO!!

Oh but wait, we can get this.
    " Barracks Celebration Increases the recruitment speed in Barracks and Elite Barracks about 100% for 4 hours
    Cooldown: 48 hours 14.000 + 9.600 + 175
    Provisioner Banquet Increases the production of Provision House and Rarity Provision House about 100% for 4 hours.
    Cooldown: 48 hours 13.500 + 9.200 + 135 "
    Also.. too high of a meat cost for no reward.
    You do realize that I can buy a 12 hour skunk for less than 2k coins right?

Ok, so we've established that nords ventures off zilch for reward. Nothing for anybody. We are level 65, we don't need stadium snacks.
    The elite barracks buffs sure. But if you want us to have enough meat to sustain our steak builds, we need deerstalkers. You want us to use these barracks buffs we do need, well guess what. it is now costing us more meat. Yay..
    And in the end this 4 hour buff is going un noticed to us players who constantly have a 30 day build time sitting in elite barracks. What do I do when I need elite units?
    I spend a couple day's playing BLT adventure for profit. I don't cry about not being able to do nords venture.

Ok. Rewards suck. But what of the cost?
    Ridiculous. Joke. Astronomical and unjust.
    Here is the issue you have created.
    Blue byte does not support the use of guides. Publicly this is "cheating, skipping intended content by use of blocks".
    I do not know if this is still your current stance. But it is one I disagree with, as I see blocking as a risk skill move. It has inate risk associated with it and the reward is unit efficiency.
    This reward is bestowed upon players who seek this information. Why would you downplay rewarding players for putting time into researching your product?
    But I digress.

I used to be able to into adventures and beat them without use of guide. I had no elite barracks. And how the heck am I gonna get star coins to buy arrows when I'm just a level 42 barely even knowing what FT adventures are?
    Nords ventures have turned TSO into a wiki-game.
    You cannot go into the adventure without the use of a guide. Your just gonna waste far too many resources, and time, and take on too much risk that it isn't worth it.
    And us players being conditioned for years to use guides.. you know we are gonna do it.
    Now we have to. There's no getting around it.
    But that's not enough! Our generals cannot just be teched our way to enhance them the way that we want. no no.
    If your generals are not specced exactly as the guide calls for, your attacks will fail. you're done. you're dead. you're wasting resources.

Do you know how many times I have had to arrow a boss because there is no way around it?
    It's a good thing I have my generals teched to get star coins.
    But wait.. I can't have my generals teched to get starcoins and grind.. they have to be powerhouses.
    So.. I can... huh.. well.. yeah.. use those arrows up I guess. Yay.
    So I can get very slight elite barracks buffs. So that I can run nords?

I would not mind new content taking a side step. I would prefer if released content were an actual step forward.
    But this.. this is a step backward more than anything.
    If you continue to release content in this manner your legacy players will not latch on to new content and you will be losing old players which are who keep this game running.
    Do you honestly think new players would stick without our guidance and resources? I am not just talking about myself and the impact I make within my own guild.
    But I do happen to be the highest level player in my guild, the most experienced, i rain resources and information downward and the appreciation is real.
    You need players like myself, to keep the new players going.
    But you need to give US players something to keep US going.

World
    Ares
    There was nothing in the shop I really needed to try hard for. Only one lucky, really? The geo was good and I picked up another friary. other than that, there was nothing I was willing to work for

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This event seemed to be designed to be impossible to get all the stuff available no matter how active and regularly you were online.
    shame that a team sport didn't encourage team adventures, why are events geared toward solo play instead of working with others, drops from 2 and 3 person adventures should be better than single player.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was pleased with the football drops from adventures and variety of ways of getting drops. I did get everything I was after, although I was surprised I could not afford a friary when all was said and done. As far as adventures, they were a bit of nice filler but too low to make much impact. It didn't help that the snack stand was so expensive. I'd guess I got enough out of them to buy a stone cold geologist. Worthwhile, but I wouldn't have chased after them at that pace. I just did the adventures I always would do.

The snack stand is useless to me. I have hundreds of snacks and use maybe one a week. Still, I could see where for some people this would be a helpful building to have. I don't expect to get much, if anything, out of it in its current state for me personally, but I still got them anyway.

I was happy to get even just one lucky explorer, but the resolution to the gem purchase oversight was a welcome surprise. I guess given the time frame, this was the only possible solution that could have been implemented, but it is a nice way to make things fair and right.

Stone cold geologists are very helpful. Much more useful than the iron one. I don't usually have more than a couple of either deposit type down because the quantity lasts long enough that I have the time to find them. I could probably double down and add some more masons, which I may do, but for the most part I am just going to stick to it and search a lot less. This has relegated jollies to gold searchers, which also makes that a lot easier. I'm looking forward to the next guy who finds double gold mines. That would make them just about pointless, but that's progress.

I got all of the achievements and found them doable just through the normal course of doing what I was going to do anyway.

The quest for the second snack stand was very welcome. There was a lot of complaining, but I didn't feel it was warranted. A couple hundred soccer balls and some elite troops and resources netted me 2 million XP, 50k coins, some buffs, and a snack stand priced at 4250 soccer balls. I don't see what's to complain about. Well worth it. Perhaps tweak it based on some of the feedback, but I hope this sort of quest line returns in the future.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I really didn't understand the soccer ball cost of 880 balls for 5 building licenses offered through the event. Flat gem price for 10 licenses is 650 Gems. Using approximate figures and the in-game merchant exchange of 250 balls for 200 gems, this is roughly 3.5 packages... ergo, 700 gems for 5 building licenses.

This seemed grossly out of proportion. It hasn't always been completely true, but most holiday events the gem cost and event resource costs are at least somewhat related.

Reply to Thread