Poll: What's your impression on the Summer Event 2018?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for Summer Event was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,

BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Does the event start the 25th or the 26th? It says 25th on the main page but the 26th in the Event Schedule of the dev diary.

mythterman
    Looking forward to my first Summer Event, a little break from the normal routine.

"Lucky Explorer per-event limit reduced from 2 down to 1"

Well that makes me sad, was looking forward to picking up two more to go along with the only 1 I have. I even made (and saved) enough books for two.

"Added a new quest chain"
    "Added a new highest tier/level range, starting at level 56, for the daily event quest"

When you say added, does that mean they were not part of the testing on the Test server? If so that's a little exciting, the unknown.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Another lucky explorer is always welcome.

I like this new geologist better than the last. I would probably use him exclusively as my marble searcher and a nice complement to my jolly geologists for granite.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Looks good, with a good balance of rewards for old players and new. There will no doubt be kvetching, lol. All booked, the iron geos are proving to be a good addition, so I'm looking forward to putting the stoned cold geos to work. Granite deposits twice as large will be a welcome addition.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    *Rebalanced event loot from non-event adventures

When will a list of soccer ball rewards from non-event adventures be available?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWarDan View Post
    *Rebalanced event loot from non-event adventures

When will a list of soccer ball rewards from non-event adventures be available?
    They have never in the past published such a list, any such lists you have seen in the past have been generated by players themselves based upon what players have discovered on the test server.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    They have never in the past published such a list, any such lists you have seen in the past have been generated by players themselves based upon what players have discovered on the test server.
    Is kind up already: http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...ip-event-2018/

However was based from test so probably not all correct.

Question for BB: Will there be select x2/3 loot adv for this event like some previous?

Obviously I like many will be disappointed there has been a reduction in Lucky Explorers but I do understand why this is done. A must get for all players really.

New Geo looks good, for me would be hard to use with Granite due to current search schedule, yet this can be looked at once fully booked. However great for stone / Marble straight out of the box. Will be sure to get these.

Snack stand... not sure it's any use for me as I get more than enough of those from my Lucky already, if it did Rainbows then I would happily change my Lucky explorers to adv search. On the back of this, it would be nice if BB updated the list of explorer buff drops to include more of the newer buffs... should be a simple yet welcomed (hopefully) change. Will get anyway as may come in useful in future.

New tasks... will have to wait and see, would be nice to have some challenges other than what has become the normal resource sink tasks... getting over these quickly!

An additional football pitch to reduce cooldown 100% is very welcome, guessing that means it is halved. (still for me 100% cooldown reduction means its got no cooldown at all now, lol which would be nicer However, it would be better if this could be placed ontop of the previous one to increase its level rather than it taking yet more ground space up. This also goes for any other buildings as such like the ones from Mountain Clan Campaign.

I can see the Wave buff being useful for those who get the new fish buff thing from Mountain Clan Campaign or for those who want to speed up some tasks such as produce water for gemstone ... for me presonally not useful just yet.

Football patches: Thought BB said a while ago in chat it was only flags of teams that qualified... lets see here lol

Overall for me nothing screams out OMG I REALLY WANA GET THAT!!! (Like the COA gens) Which is a shame in a big event. As BB's do play the game I do think they need to start looking at events and thinking for those that have played awhile.. is there anything there that gets me excited.. if not maybe take another look.

Just some of my own reflection as everyones wants / needs will differ. Good luck to all (who still play) on event!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Is there any way you could stop using time zone abbreviations and spell them out so there is no confusion please? Thank you!!!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Question for BB - will the soccer matches drop event resources (i.e. soccer balls)? Why are these no longer part of the event?

I mean the old "The Opening Game" "Game two" "Game three" "Game four" "Game five" and "The Final Game" adventures.

Reply to Thread