Poll: What's your impression on the Summer Event 2018?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Still haven't answered my question lol

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Question for BB - will the soccer matches drop event resources (i.e. soccer balls)? Why are these no longer part of the event?

I mean the old "The Opening Game" "Game two" "Game three" "Game four" "Game five" and "The Final Game" adventures.
    Answered in:
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Footballs can be gathered in a variety of ways:
    • Event adventures from the event calendar always drop a fixed amount of footballs

5 non-combat Event Adventures inspired by football matches become available through the Fixture List: Practice Match, Round of 16, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The balls are crazy out of balance toward treasure searches vs. adventures. A measly 10 scouts/luckies sent out just twice a day pull in more soccer balls than doing 20 low level adventures? Relatively new players are horribly screwed by this system. And the more attention spent on the explorers the imbalance goes completely off the scale. Why design a system that so heavily favors doing almost nothing (sending out explorers occasionally) vs. actually playing the game doing adventures?

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhallmire View Post
    The balls are crazy out of balance toward treasure searches vs. adventures. A measly 10 scouts/luckies sent out just twice a day pull in more soccer balls than doing 20 low level adventures? Relatively new players are horribly screwed by this system. And the more attention spent on the explorers the imbalance goes completely off the scale. Why design a system that so heavily favors doing almost nothing (sending out explorers occasionally) vs. actually playing the game doing adventures?
    Totally agree, the only option for newer players is to play 24/7 or to buy gems, or they will just sell their event resources, which is not that bad, but not so fun. They may not have the patience to spend a couple years before they can really enjoy the events. This game is becoming a pay-to-win. However, the problem is that nobody is winning anything...
    Whence comest thou?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Emerald View Post
    Answered in:
    I was referring to combat adventures from the 2012 or maybe the 2014 event. I just decided to run one last night, it paid 90 balls + 45 from premium. Too bad everyone doesn't have access to one set of these each soccer event.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    While it is still early in the event, there was one thing that jumped out on the second day. I feel it is fairly safe to say that the least favorite daily quest for people is "The Library". I would base this on the forum threads complaining about it and even requesting it to be removed. My general practice is to delete the quest, with similar reported by many other players. Therefore, I would have to ask what the thought was behind making a similar quest mandatory for the event?

World
    Zeus
    You have to eat your meat! Or you won't get no pudding!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    You have to eat your meat! Or you won't get no pudding!!
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I wasn't overall happy with summer event. I don't need double buildings like training field and snack stand, why couldn't you just make them upgradeable to improve them instead of making us look for spots for them? Is two going to be the limit?

Also, could you not think up new buffs for a new building (snack stand) instead of using ones that have been around for long time and lucky explorer finds? I'm sure if you looked through the "suggestions thread" you would find dozens of alternatives.

Although I got all I wanted from event, I didn't not enjoy doing adventures for the piddly amount of balls we got. I feel bad for the new players and ones that didn't have premium time to help them out. It had to be tough to decided what to get with the balls they managed to gather.

This was probably the one event in 7.5 years of playing this game that I participated the least, it held that much interest to me.
    Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of others.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My main complaint is with the "collectibles". Well after the last match was done, we still were getting daily quests which required giving up valuable resources (gunpowder for red color? seriously?) for supplies which we couldn't use anymore. Most folks didn't need them, and they were hard to sell after the last match. Then, all the stuff we made w/ them + the left overs gave us no compensation in the end. All that time searching the island, and using the PH/RPH to make stuff with the collectibles, and nothing at the end to show for it. It would have been nice to get an achievement from completing all the daily quests (many of us just stopped doing them), and it would have been doubly nice to get something for our efforts from the match buffs & left over banana peels, etc.

Reply to Thread