Reply to Thread

Thread: Soccer Match Planning 2018

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Lightbulb Soccer Match Planning 2018

Good day fellow Settlers,

With the summer event already upon us, a great fever has spread across the pitch as everyone clamors for soccer balls and everything that comes with it. I know personally that it can be a hectic experience trying to figure out which tactics you should make and hoping you have enough for the upcoming match. That's why I created a tool to help plan out the entire season!

This is a link to a Google spreadsheet to help you plan your soccer matches and ensure you have all the tactics you need going in. You can even plan out your entire season with it if you're waiting to do them all at once. Instructions on how to use it are at the top of the spreadsheet, and there are comments here and there to explain each section. It appears for now that the matches are the same as 2016 but please alert me if they're different.

It should be protected except for the fields you need to edit (highlighted in blue). That said, remember that anyone can edit those fields; so to avoid overwriting each other's values you may want to make a copy for yourself.

I'm currently working on an expansion to this where you fill in the number of event collectibles you have and it will tell you how many of each tactic you should make. Hopefully I can complete it in the next few days. If you have any comments or suggestions please send me a mail or reply here on the forum. Thanks everyone and hope this works well for you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Thanks for sharing this!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The update is complete. There is a new sheet titled "CRA" which you can use to plan your matches another way.

1. In the blue fields along the top, enter in the amount you own of each collectible resource.
    2. Check/Uncheck the checkboxes next to each match (also highlighted in blue) to signify which matches you still need to play

Done! The formulas will do their magic and you'll see how many opponents you start with and how many you have leftover. This will let you know at a glance if you have enough resources to get the job done. All of this, of course, is based on the assumption that you follow my prioritization scheme, which is shown to the right.

Speaking of, I tried to think it through and decide on the most efficient method to use up the tactics, but if you have suggestions on that please let me know. This is the first day it's been pushed out, so if you discover after using it that you actually have leftovers to make something you need, please tell me so I can look into it.

The CRA - Inner Workings sheet is all the math and formulaic happenings going on behind the CRA sheet. If you're curious about the process or want to check the numbers, take a look. Otherwise don't worry about it.

Thanks for your interest and use of it. Happy Soccering!

Reply to Thread