Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Summer event fun or is it?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    It's a small resource sink, which I'm sure will expand with the last few quests, but nowhere near the 4250 balls the one in the shop costs.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I have to agree with many opinions that have read so far. There should definitely be some better use for the event collectibles. After all you are asking us to click on 1000 of them to complete achievement I will most likely fall short on that again anyway (like I did last soccer event - was missing 45 or so) collecting them 2x a day every day. I absolutely refuse to set my alarm clock for that.
    I'm not a big fan of adventures to begin with and if I have to do something I don't really like that much over and over and over again, I would love to see a better drop of soccer balls for sure to keep me motivated. Even on premium is pretty bleak.

I understand we should work hard to get a very unique buildings, but that statement is only valid if the snack stand or soccer field were really worth getting. It was cool to be able to get 2 snack stands and one more training field this event, but if they are going to be linked, look the same and work on the exact same thing, why not offer 2nd level instead? I think it would be better option even for the future events as more players would probably prefer to have an option of upgrading the building to level 3 instead of getting 3rd building of the same design. Building spaces become more and more precious for the higher levels and I simply can not see myself being excited again about this type of the event in the future. I like to be challenged, but if after all that hard work reward is going to just slap me in the face, I don't really feel like I want to participate and possibly will just pass on the whole event in the future to avoid frustration - if I'm still around playing......

UPDATE: by some miracle, I managed to finish click on 1000 collectibles on your island achievement this time
    Last edited by supermind; 07-15-18 at 12:12 pm. Reason: update

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I'm mostly fine with the quest chain...minus running a bloody adventure now, gotta coerce somebody into letting me tag now haha

I like the quest chain overall, economy XP on par with adventure XP, something I've been wanting for a while (yes yes I know we can buy the quests from the merchants now, except 1 is still behind a level barrier of course),but came too late for me regardless.

As far as Snackstand goes, just can't get behind it. Provided you get both this event, cutting the time down to 1.5days, that's probably gonna be like that for another 2 years, assuming we get the next chance at a Snackstand with the next soccer event, so that would mean 2 years having 2 buildingspots blocked for something that only gives a minor boost (inflation as well as Rainbows being dime a dozen among other buffs) and you can only get 1 every 36h with perfect timing. Also unclear if the next event/chance to get a Snackstand will give 1 or 2 ooooooooor, BB becomes genius and introduces another building altogether yet again, because reasons. I'd be looking at 486 Snacks with perfect timing, ~450 being more realistic once you factor in Alzheimer, Vacation, running late etc. Dunno, just going to be a starmenu item to me /shrugs

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It is not fun. Not a challenge because it is unattainable. Nope.. ain't doin it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniT View Post
    It is not fun. Not a challenge because it is unattainable. Nope.. ain't doin it.
    Rubbish i have akready bought the snack stand the lucky both geos and the pitch.. and am halfway to grabbing a friary

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    hades8840 consider yourself very lucky. You either have too much money to spend on gems or too much time to waste chasing balls via trading or adventures. It would be nice if you expressed your opinion (in nice words) about the event instead of trashing other people comments. Thank you!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've made it a point to just for the most part adventure how I would otherwise during events, although there is such a limited supply of event resources from adventures this time that I could just about get everything I want without running any non-event specific adventures. Explorers are bringing home the lion's share. Normally I just send them once a day, so I am doing that a lot more now, but it only takes a few minutes at a time. Working on getting the snack stand, which I will probably never actually use, and then the building licenses to round it out with maybe a day to spare. No friaries, but they aren't worth buying for balls anyway, at least on Ares.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I have enjoyed the event and have managed to get everything I wanted, including the second snack stand and my second footie pitch, both of which are being used on my island regularly. If my math is correct, I think I can make about 30 rfs a week with the snack stand, which will give me a nice supply of good buffs. This event hasn't been as easy as most but still fun anyway.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    I have enjoyed the event and have managed to get everything I wanted, including the second snack stand and my second footie pitch, both of which are being used on my island regularly. If my math is correct, I think I can make about 30 rfs a week with the snack stand, which will give me a nice supply of good buffs. This event hasn't been as easy as most but still fun anyway.
    Glad you liked the event!

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread