Reply to Thread

Thread: re Snack Stand

Noble
    World
    Zeus

re Snack Stand

I find the Time to make stadium snacks is a bit excessive 3 days ( or 1.5 days with buildings) is way too long. I believe 12 hrs with one or 6 hrs with 2 would be more fitting
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Can I ask why you feel the shorter times are better and how they would improve game play?

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    What bothers me more is that we now have 2 snack stands that are linked and produce same thing. Couldn't we just get one level 2 building instead? I think it would work for more players and future event possibilities as well.

World
    Zeus
    lol, Though the structure is cute and all, I think I'll keep my supply of snacks rolling from RotM, tyvm.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I think I'll keep my supply of snacks rolling from (Lucky) Explorers who actually just bring back tons of Rainbows instead, tyvm.
    Fixed that for you ;p

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Fixed that for you ;p
    Good looking out! Thx! That is also a fact. Room being tight on my little parcel of land means I may not even place it for more than a couple days for show-n-tell.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by supermind View Post
    What bothers me more is that we now have 2 snack stands that are linked and produce same thing. Couldn't we just get one level 2 building instead? I think it would work for more players and future event possibilities as well.
    That was a big surprise for me, too. When they say that you can get two buildings, the natural assumption is that you would have two independently functioning buildings. I don't understand why they decided to do it this way. (Same thing with the footie pitch from what I understand.) Now whenever they introduce a new building we'll have to ask that question.

World
    Zeus
    You would think that with the 2018 Soccer event you could get a Snack Stand that would at least produce one Stadium Snack per day!

Even with two buildings (at 200% speed) it is over one month (36 d 23 h 30 m) to produce one stack of 25 buffs in the Snack Stand and you must provide the 37,500 bread and 37,500 sausages too... ;(

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Can I ask why you feel the shorter times are better and how they would improve game play?

-BB_Odhran
    To appropriately answer this question, it is first necessary to look at the other models of buff production found in the game. The Rarity Provision House (RPH) makes a +200% buff, employee of the month (EOTM), for 6 hours in 30 minutes and can be queued in production. The mayor's house also can make a +200% buff from collectibles, 12 hours duration, produced in 30 minutes but not able to be queued. It also makes a +200% single building population buff, Sip from the Kettle, with an 8-hour duration, produced in 30 minutes but not able to be queued. In contrast are the newer event buildings - the training field and spring park. The training field has a 90-minute duration and a 1-day cooldown but affects all buildings in the zone. The spring park also provides a zone buff for six to eight hours with a 2-day cooldown, also affecting all buildings in the zone.

The new snack stand produces three different buffs and production is able to be queued. The flying red settler is a +200% buff, lasting 24 hours, requiring 11 hours to make. The more parallel structure is EOTM, but while the duration of the buff is increased by 4 times, the time to create it is increased by 22 times. The hot lemon tea provides a +200% single building population buff with a 24-hour duration. Compared with Sip from the Kettle, you have a duration increased of 3 times with a creation time increased by 22 times. Thus, both of the buffs with similar properties take a significantly disproportionate time to create.

The stadium snack is more difficult to compare because there is no direct parallel buff. The stadium snack lasts for 1 day on one building but takes 3 days to make, with a +300% production. The Aunt Irmas feast is a 1-day +100% buff but only takes 5 minutes to make; using three of these buffs in sequence gives the same overall return as a single snack over the same time it takes to make the buff, with the cost difference of about 15 times. You can get a better overall return using +200% buffs over the same period, needing 12 EOTM medals requiring 6 hours to make for the same 3 day period.

Decreasing the production for the buffs in the snack stand would make them more consistent with other buffs in the game. While an increased production time should be expected, a more than exponential increase severely limits the benefit of adding the new content to the game. When added to the increased difficulty in obtaining event rewards in the current event, it has a greater negative impact on gameplay. Changing the times to those more consistent with other buff production would increase the value of the new building, encouraging players to obtain it.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have 3 snack stands and it takes 23 hours to make 1 stadium snack. Isnt there a buff we can use on that?

Reply to Thread