Reply to Thread

Thread: [Feedback] Co-op adventure reward adjustments and UI improvements

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Co-op adventure reward adjustments and UI improvements

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for the Co-op adventure reward adjustments was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback!

Thank you,

BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So, for example: in Whirlwind the drop chance for the Bone Church will change from 0.66%, to 4.7%!
    Welp.

My main gripe with Co-ops is still that Player A needs to clear Leader 1 so Player B can actually move beyond blabla...it's fine on Tomb Raider and The Siege(?) where both players can independently clear their side without needing to wait on the others, makes it much more appealing to timezoners. Whirlwind is by far my most despited one as it requires 4 people and everybody has to be there for progress to be made.

Anyhow, Co-ops will remain dead to me regardless, changes still welcome, hope they get around to the normal adventure nobody does.

World
    Zeus
    •Automatically input the maximum affordable amount of recruits in the Barracks by default, and set the window focus to the input for the number of entries.

PLEASE allow players the option to disable this feature. Thank you.

I don't think you guys actually care about feedback honestly, because I have actually tested this on the test server and posted many feedback as well as other players agree to the feedback and suggestions.

What good is a feedback forum/thread when you guys don't actually care or just ignore it.

You guys are going to roll out the update regardless. It's kind of misleading to say you can't wait to hear our feedback.

How about simply changing the "default" mechanics to 'remember' what your last input amount was.
    This way default saves the last known amount you actually use frequently.
    This will help greatly for all input amount.

Example: Meat deposit remembers "2500" as the number. And Fish deposit remembers "1800". A lot of our quests have these varied numbers. Max default just is a bad idea specifically on the deposits.

In the case of Barracks, Allow players to set their max default to the "1" unit. if players actually slide it to the 25. then remember that as the default. (not max) but whatever the number that is used last.

This would be a much better mechanic.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    So how about a hotkey for the Star Menu?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    What good is a feedback forum/thread when you guys don't actually care or just ignore it.
    Allows them to say next time, months or years later (co-ops have been around for so long).. "we hear you!!"?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    As we have said before...

Until the rewards for doing Coops far outweigh the rewards for doing regular adventures, no one cares what minor tweaks BB does.

Coops are a pain in the butt. They require more coordination, and far more time to do than regular adventures. Now remember that there are many 'regular' adventures that accumulate in our Star Menus, forgotten and gathering proverbial dust because they (shall we be honest here?) suck. Add the pain of doing Coops on top of that...?

Painful suckage.

I foresee no change, or at best a small spike as newer players give them a try...and go back to ignoring them. Why bother with the headaches when the pitiful amount of treasure is available for far less effort elsewhere. Heck, I give away more than that to my Guild mates, and I'm not even the most prolific donator in our Guild.

If BB want to see Coops get run, then they need to add incentives that outweigh the downsides...and that simply isn't happening.

It's pretty obvious that the people making TSO gave up on actually playing it (or even trying to understand the players) long ago.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The loot change from a few years back should have never happened. I used to save up to buy "Invasion of the Nords" with gems, to try for that elusive FM, but I no longer do that because the loot is pitiful for an adventure that costs gems.

Most of the adventures my explorers bring back get deleted, too. The loot just isn't worth it, especially on the more challenging adventures. I'm pretty much limited to Fairy Tales and the Baba's - and even most of the loot on those is questionable.
    Proud leader of Eden, where everyone is accepted and respected, regardless of playing level. Write me for a free membership!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I love the fact that BB is trying to make co-ops great. The only time we really did coops were during the Easter event when adventures dropped 3x loot and most of those were coops. I think it was one of the most fun experiences we had in this game because coops require a lot of coordination, especially whirlwinds and we not only had our guild chat scroll out every 10 seconds, we had our teamspeak server gain a lot of activity as well.

Adding buildings to the loot table is a great idea, but I still think the odds are really low. Running 20-21 Tomb Raiders to get 1 witch tower seems like too much of a grind, specially for lower level players, since they are the ones who would really go after the buildings anyway.
    This game is alive because of the community/chat features and I think coops are the perfect way to add life to it, with slight tweaking to the loot table I believe coops can really add life to this game because it will force players to further communicate with each other. And if the odds for buildings to get SLIGHTLY increased and coops become mainstream adventures for a fair amount of playerbase, then I think the removal of coal, wood logs, horses and population was a perfect idea since it will add another economic challenge to the game that most premium never noticed before.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    so no search bar for the friends list yet?

Reply to Thread