Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game not loading

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Game not loading

I use Firefox. Recently I started getting messages about a file not loading, with advice to clear my cache. I did so. Now the game doesn't load at all. When I login, and hit the "Play Now" button, it goes to a blank screen, with nothing happening. No sign of any flash program loading.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Just tried again. This time I did get the app starting up, and it again showed this message:

"File loading failed! Please check your network connection, clean your browser cache or try again later."

I have just cleaned my cache, so there's something else afoot still. Thereafter the loading of the game just stalled. The progress bar for loading the flash program halted without moving at about 10% done

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Got the game loaded at last. But still getting frequent popups advising "File loading failed! Please check your network connection, clean your browser cache or try again later."

Got lots in a new adventure. After clicking ok many times the adventure got going; though images for generals and camps (and possibly other things?) were missing.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    ... and not only that, but now there are things I cannot do. I can click on a general (no icon visible, but there is a cue from the little tag that floats above a general) and this brings up the dialog. But I cannot move the general. My adventure is therefore stalled. This is bad with an event on.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I use chrome and I am having the similar issues in A Giant Battle. I can move my generals; however, I can not attack anything.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Reloading sometimes varies how far I can get. I disabled all animations to see if it helps to reduce download requirements. At present I can move and fight, based on knowing where camps are (the icons are not visible, but I can pop up the camp composition). So I am playing again, albeit degraded.

World
    Zeus
    Having the same problem. See here:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...oading-Failed!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Same problem. Basically functioning except for some minor graphical glitches, but that error warning keeps popping up.

World
    Zeus
    Getting worse for me (I probably accelerated that by clearing my cache trying to solve the problem - since it can't load new graphics).

Stuff not showing up on my island, can't drop buffs, other people's islands/adventures missing all sorts of elements.

World
    Zeus
    FWIW, it's not just Zeus/Ares having the issue:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-Loading-Error

Reply to Thread