Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Anniversary Event!

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    The expansion islands need more building spaces.

Effected buildings: Magnificent Residence, Improved Storehouse, Epic building, Fairy Tale Castle...

I would like for the Developers to explore the idea of Task Specific Expansion Islands. An island that only allows residential buildings, a Guild island that only allows a guild house and decor, production island.

On the topic of gems versus stalks to activate expansion islands, I think that using the expansion islands is an optional feature offered by BB and there should be a gem cost to expand an island. I think that whatever we can currently get with stalks should be the limit. Anything new is gems.
    Would each island have their own quests to do? How would it work for expanding them as well?

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    On the idea of "task specific" expansion islands........ an island that is reserved for generals only, no buildings except 1 storehouse, has at least 30 general slots, and all generals will default to land there if the island exists. I'd definitely pay gems for that.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    On the topic of gems versus stalks to activate expansion islands, I think that using the expansion islands is an optional feature offered by BB and there should be a gem cost to expand an island. I think that whatever we can currently get with stalks should be the limit. Anything new is gems.
    Given the push by the developers for larger buildings that are hard to fit in and the newly introduced mechanic of needing to have multiple copies of the new buildings for them to be truly useful, I respectfully disagree. I would prefer a mix; it would add in new quests and tasks to do (gems cost money or time, but outside of that, they are "easy"). But that said, perhaps the gem-only islands could be the bigger/better ones.

Everything in this game is optional, by definition.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    On the idea of "task specific" expansion islands........ an island that is reserved for generals only, no buildings except 1 storehouse, has at least 30 general slots, and all generals will default to land there if the island exists. I'd definitely pay gems for that.
    + 1

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Would each island have their own quests to do? How would it work for expanding them as well?

-BB_Odhran
    My first thought was that players could buy the island(s) outright using Gems. I don't like the idea of using the word Quest because some players may think that they have to complete the quest as part of their experience points needed to Level up. If you are using the word Quest broadly, Scenarios could be a good method, or an Adventure that players could buy in the shop for a small amount of Gems. The basic idea is to make it clear that the islands are optional. The bigger idea is to slowly separate some games services to only be available to Premium Players.

I think that for this to be an initial smashing success the Developer's should use player Perwyn's super awesome suggestion of an expansion island with the specific task of housing and landing Generals.

An important detail is near-instant gratification, I think that a Scenario or Adventure to unlock the island so it can be purchased should be short, like The Royal Wedding, Panda, Collecting Easter eggs. After a player has claimed an expansion island they could then begin to get quest in their quest book either related to the expansion island or to enhance the island in some fashion.

Clarify: by the term expansion island I am talking about islands similar to the ones being added. Each island would be surrounded by water and adjacent to a players main island and hidden by clouds, a new sector number would be assigned to it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The idea looks awesome BUT - you guys aren't serious about another balloon event after the one we had few years back was such a flop??

World
    Zeus
    more land is nice, but all for gems forget, 14k gems for a few bits of land isnt worth it

the anniversary event has me worried with the balloon donation again, thought that idea was buried for good, didnt work the first time and doesnt seem to work the second

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Frustrated with yet... another Buff producing Building. Honestly, I see people complaining already that its getting old (already).

More land sounds great. But having to Buy each of the 4 lands @ 3495 gems EACH is more than a little daunting. Few players have the gems or will want to buy them for this. Is this an anniversary event to celebrate Settlers and those of that have been playing for many YEARS, or is it designed exclusively as a means to increase revenue for BB? I hope it doesn't turn out to be the second one. I would be highly disapointed.

World
    Zeus
    Land is great. Would it be possible for another free moving day? It's been awhile since we had that even with the additional land last time.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Would it be possible for another free moving day? It's been awhile since we had that even with the additional land last time.
    iirc Alex doesn't plan on having another free move day, a "reduced moving cost" he was open for consideration though.

Reply to Thread