Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac lag

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Mac lag

The game is unbearably slow on my MacBook Air.

Some examples: When I click on a buff in my star menu, then try to buff a building it's at least 6 seconds before the buff sound and animation begin. When I send a general to attack a camp, sometimes i get the animation of a horse in a circle above the general... and if it's a block I can't even retreat in time. When I type, the letters take a while to show up on the screen.

I have no problem watching netflix or other services that consume a lot of bandwidth. My computer seems to have no problem with other products that require lots processing.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    What browser are you using? Safari? I play on a MacBook Pro using chrome. I don't have lag issues, but I am having issues with chrome and flash causing laptop fan to go into overdrive due to heat. This just started this past Wednesday. I know Apple despises flash.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I would suggest trying a different browser. Chrome and Mac don't get a long too well either, from what I have read.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Yes I'm using Safari. I have had issues with Chrome and Flash. I use Mac's suite of products because I like them and trust them and don't really want to use anything else, but it seems I have a choice to make... I'll try to post here again if I find an alternative browser I like.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I did some research and settled on Opera. I downloaded and installed Opera. I logged into the game, and clicked the Play Now button. I got a pop-up that I need Flash. I downloaded and installed flash... though I think it was already downloaded and installed??? I restarted, and tried the play now button again. I got the same message about needing flash. I went into opera settings, and enabled flash on all websites. Restarted again, and tried play now again. Still no go.

In this time I could have been doing something enjoyable, like playing a game. Now I'm uninstalling Opera and Flash, and will only play games that work in Safari, or consoles.

I love this game, but this is not fun.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Simaril -- flash for opera chrome and firefox are special installs - called pepper flash. Opera is really great - but bear in mind mine broke for 2 wks after it kindly auto updated. I had no access to flash etc.. game would 1/2 load only. Turns out i had to a) uninstall flash (using the download uninstall from adobe) and reinstall pepper flash latest version. THEN i had to go to opera://site-engagement to rank the games webpage at 100 (hit enter after) which finally allowed it to load.. Crazy fix. And i had done a ton of - turns out - unnecessary steps - i had even restored my mac to prior to the updates... (useless as opera just kindly re-updates right away lol)... i found that fix buried in an adobe forum .... lol .... some guildies said setting it to 100 even when its work sped up stuff like adv visiting and isle drawing in general.

Ciara

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I am playing on windows 10 machine using chrome and, I assume, the newest version of pepper flash, since everything is updated automatically. And the game lag is a joke. Tried firefox and edge browser and the lag is even worse.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Agree they really need to swap out flash for html 5 or something.

Reply to Thread