Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: World Wide Web Day

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Yes, I can never forget the screeching of the computer connecting to the internet back in the day of Commodores and IBM. We used DOS back then and played "Pong" (boring, boring, and desperate). Games sure have evolved since then! At work we had an IT person who preferred to be thought of as "resident wizard." However, most of the problems were very very basic, simple fixes that he refused to share with employees. Thus he had job security until we learned how to do it ourselves.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    My greatest memory.... is that we were more free then than we are now. A world wide web created primarily by men for the purpose of freely exchanging knowledge has been commercially converted into a tool of distraction used to govern and manipulate public perception. There is nothing wide or worldly about the 'world wide web'. Each Nation strictly regulates who can access data contained on servers within that Nation's domain. In the past a person using a computer had to have an idea about what they wanted to accomplish using a computer. There was no Feed or endless Auto-Play of guided entertainment.
    The quality of a society generated by auto-fill, auto-correct, auto-complete, auto-play, auto-drive, auto-wash should be self evident.
    When I was in junior high school they taught us how to write code. When my nephew went to junior high school they taught him how to sign up at face book. Both classes were labeled as 'computer class'.

KingRedheroe
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMadmax View Post
    It was AOL 1993-1995; AOL was where I could talk with people in my free time, have some good laughs, good fun, play some cartoon-ish like games, where I first told others (Strangers)
    "I wish I could take my cellular phone and connect it to AOL”; so that I could use it without being stuck on this landline wire" I had tried to no avail to somehow connect it to the back of my windows 3.1, lol. I tried but the connection cable would not work! AOL was where I would write up new poetry, new written works and discuss with others my (out of the box thinking & come up with new ideas). The WWW was still in its early stages. I was in Moreno Valley California, Riverside County USA; I was all by myself in my music-recording studio. I had a Ma Bell landline telephone service for dial up. I believe at that time I had windows 3.1 and Dot Matrix printer, Air Touch Cellular was my cell phone company. I had some real good fun when the AOL chat rooms came out and were not condescending and not hostile like it is today. It was on AOL and most likely, I would have never copy written or trademarked or patented my idea (cell phone to internet) at all because even to this day, I am digresser and I am a procrastinator. Child hood victimizations disabilities and the same broken neck I have today, have always been my obstacles no matter what I do in life. Always had me moving on and not caring about anything other than eating, having shelter and clothes etc. Today I am thankful my idea, led to someone engineering and so forth, the cell phone to Internet (my idea) and there hard works of engineering etc., which has created millions of jobs and newer technologies and people around the world are coming up with newer ideas and it will always be a blessing for us all! Whom I must give credit to for my “idea cell phone to internet" are my Older Brother Donald P, Pastor Greg L, Pastor Steve B, Minister Judge W, AOL, Ma Bell, Air Touch Cellular, Captain Michael G, Riverside Sheriffs Department, Dr. Peter H, all from the USA and of course; My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for dying on the cross for none of this would be possible; for without them, I would not had come up with the idea of “cell phone to internet" at all because I would have been homeless. It is my duty to mention all of them, but not to reveal their full names for privacy reasons, (I will not reveal without there permission) due to; (today's internet dangers); I thank all of them for allowing me to be free minded; to have that free creative thinking, (cell phone to internet) And you all should thank them as I do. By the way, I do not know who did the engineering part, but its fair for me to assume it was someone in the AOL chat room or someone that read the chat room on AOL, that moved others to take my idea the “cell phone to internet” and make is so. You all enjoy today! I am happy we have the cell phone in Internet today J. These are my bragging rights, Respectfully, LordMadmax.
    Max I am glad you and others discussed the cellular phone to internet without wires. I don't know what I would do without my phone

KingRedheroe
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    My greatest memory.... is that we were more free then than we are now. A world wide web created primarily by men for the purpose of freely exchanging knowledge has been commercially converted into a tool of distraction used to govern and manipulate public perception. There is nothing wide or worldly about the 'world wide web'. Each Nation strictly regulates who can access data contained on servers within that Nation's domain. In the past a person using a computer had to have an idea about what they wanted to accomplish using a computer. There was no Feed or endless Auto-Play of guided entertainment.
    The quality of a society generated by auto-fill, auto-correct, auto-complete, auto-play, auto-drive, auto-wash should be self evident.
    When I was in junior high school they taught us how to write code. When my nephew went to junior high school they taught him how to sign up at face book. Both classes were labeled as 'computer class'.
    It is real nice to turn off them apps Forrell

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you all for sharing! Some great reads to old memories!

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread