Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MCC loot paths

Settler
    World
    Zeus

MCC loot paths

When completing the 2nd map (Uknown Regions) we are given a choice to finish the 3rd buff or not. Not choosing to complete increases our future loot tables in the follow-ons, and means we have to endure the debuff as well.

However we do lose out on 45+45 ore for the 3rd quest? I think?? At what point does the follow-on register the lower loot:

1) Does it flag the follow-ons for lower loot once the quest is complete? [IE the 3rd map checks to see what quests are complete and then determines loot.]
    Or
    2) Does it flag the follow-ons for lower loot once the buff is activated? [IE when it finalizes the loot, it counts how many buffs/debuffs are active and determines the loot path.]

Personally, I do not like giving up any possible ore, since its finite due to crystal acquisition. I want the most ore, regardless of losses, until the maps are easier to acquire. So if anyone knows, please share.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    the game remembers the path you took once you complete the quests you can aquire the buff but once you use them to remove the buffs thats it until you complete that map again...if you reallly wanted to milk ore.. you could do as many of the 2nd map as you could collecting all the ore from the sub quests but on the final one dont that way the game remembers your choices of the last played map and you could go on and play the rest with the bonus ore...i also have been aiming to get as much ore as possible so i kill every leader camp and fortress i can plus i allow the breakthrough camps to keep spawning the ore goes up to 8 each on thoses camps...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Okay, thank you.

Im on my 9th At the foot, just trying to plan out my maps.

Though as Art posted elsewhere, the speed debuff may prove itself the most annoying. As fun as it it watch sloooooow walking, I may choose to lose more and save my time. Does a 4th buff reduce it further?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    You can't get all 4 buffs. There are 6 camps that give pelts on the right side of the map, but only 5 camps on the left side. So there are only 11 pelts total, and that means you can't get all 4 buffs.

Also, has anyone got any idea how much better the loot is if you only use 2 buffs instead of 3? Hard to decide if it will be worth it without that knowledge.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Blister View Post
    You can't get all 4 buffs. There are 6 camps that give pelts on the right side of the map, but only 5 camps on the left side. So there are only 11 pelts total, and that means you can't get all 4 buffs.

Also, has anyone got any idea how much better the loot is if you only use 2 buffs instead of 3? Hard to decide if it will be worth it without that knowledge.

you get 66-75% more ore from adv 3-5 if you only have the two buffs running instead of the 3.... for example on the final battle normally you will get 240 ore if you take the sacrifice that goes up to 420 ore so well worth it ....but becareful as the MCC is bugged at the moment have heard some aint getting it but thats prob because of the buff bug in unknown regions

World
    Zeus
    What I got when running with 3 buffs then 2 buffs.

Mountain Labyrinth 180 - 300
    People of the Mountain 200 - 350
    A Giant Battle 240 - 420

Throw prem at that and the difference is substantial and worth the aggravation of walking so darn slow.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    didnt even knew this existed, where is it written?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    didnt even knew this existed, where is it written?
    On the test server also says something in the quest text within the adventure but this is from bb

That is the most important part. Saving time is always a big goal. My question would be, saving time for what exactly? To be able to play the campaign an additional time? This would require more time spend on gathering crystals. You can save time, but in this matter you will miss out on the bigger reward. Did you try to finish venture 3-5 with 2 de-buffs instead of just a single one? Those ventures will reward more obsidian ore (plus 66-75%).

Have fun
    BB_Alex

World
    Zeus
    Was wondering how long it would take before everybody caught on to this.

I got it from the hint in the quest text. Simmed the entire campaign without warm clothes buff and ran the 1st time thru with snowshoes so I'd have 3 buffs and results to compare to running with 2 buffs. Then ran it all again with just goggles and spiked boots to see the difference.

In a private exchange with BB_Alex, he said there are other surprises like this sprinkled around the campaign, but I imagine this is the biggest and best one.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Ares
    so what is the bottom line. only use which buffs and how many to maximize ore. im confused.

Reply to Thread