View Poll Results: How important are the event achievements for you (taking aside connected rewards)?

Voters
491. This poll is closed
  • Both general and event related achievements are very important to me

152 30.96%
  • I like the event achievements. I can see what I've done over the years that way

187 38.09%
  • I don't really take notice of the achievements, but I like the rewards during event times

172 35.03%
  • The achievement system helps me reach success in an event. I don't want to miss them

129 26.27%
  • I have never cared for achievements, never will I care for them

13 2.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Achievement Poll

World
    Ares
    The way achievements are counted and the trophy system just don't create any competition. The "Everyone's a winner" mentality goes against the very concept of "achievement". Ranking and perpetual count would certainly help. We would have players who have run a specific amount adventures or other who have produced billion of resources, etc. Games that are the most successful are competitive by nature (in case BB wants to make money). By the way, 3 years later, "PvP" expeditions is still a taboo subject...
    Whence comest thou?

KingRedheroe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman_Grant View Post
    Achievements help to provide some structure to the game. Thus having them even if unfinished makes you take notice to things you might miss otherwise. AS far as events go having unique buildings and items on each event helps.... One thing you might want to add to a Event is maybe a Shotfirer or Demo Crew... since you cant buy enough of them to totally clear off your islands mountains and rubble....
    I totally agree that it would be worth doing them achievements if earning the Shotfirer or Demo Crew.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Achievements need better rewards, then maybe people would care about them.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    In an event I care about the achievements and probably nothing else. The stuff we can buy in the store is fine I guess, but the achievements make it worth my time.

In the Easter event there was a bug denying some players the achievements (not getting the 10 or 15 camps achievement). I was told by support it will not be fixed by the end of the event so I abandoned the game for 2 months. I was aiming for 100% achievements, and I simply could not see any meaning to playing without the achievements system.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    During Events they are a handy checklist.

During normal gameplay I pretty much ignore them. Am I going to drop 20k Coin to get the last Tavern General? Heck no. That's never been a good value and never will be.

Am I going to devote a huge pile of time and resources to finishing Adventures with terrible returns on Troops/Time invested to gain an Achievement? Heck no.

The Achievements system is okay as a checklist, but it fails to offer any value beyond that. Perhaps if it were filled with Resources that were otherwise unobtainable, then it might get a closer look.

As well, if it were possible to 'go back' and 'top up' previous Event goals with surplus Event Resources (ie use surplus Eggs from the 2018 Easter Event to upgrade the Spacious Storehouse from 2016), *THEN* we would have a conversation worth having.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Achievements should be doable with some effort - for example, "make one of each [event] buff" is not an achievement, seriously, that's a participation ribbon. Make 25 of each event buff is an achievement, as it takes some effort to acquire a decent count of collectibles and make sure you're making 25 of each, and making sure you use them all is also relevant, as you don't need 25 of each to complete all the advents.

Achievements should be long term in nature - completing x adventure losing less than 100 cavalry is not an achievement, because under normal circumstances very few adventures need a cav loss. Completing an adventure 25 times (from the player 1 slot, not the loot spots) is an achievement.

Achievements that are event-related should be cumulative, for example "collect 1000 soccer collectibles" was not obtainable for me this year, as I was on vacation for 11 days during the event, but if it was cumulative and not event-specific to 2018 then in 2020 when soccer returns for the Euro cup.... I could finish it as a long-term challenge. You could also then put some unobtainable event achievements out there, like collect 5000 event collectibles, that would require multiple events to do.

Achievements should not directly match a quest chain - giving me an achievement for completing a quest chain is stupid. Find a different achievement.

Achievements could award some seriously good but not game-breaking stuff. Lifetime achievements should yield above-normal stuff, some thoughts, note all of these are one-time use items, and except for the demo crew doesn't have a long-term benefit.
    - I like the demo crew idea from above.
    - Mini obsidian ore pit - see below for the mechanics
    - 7-day 5x self buff, basically a license to maximize one resource building for a week.
    - Weak Point Potion (for those of you unaware, it's an Assassin but more than one can be used on the same camp - a great one-time use item!)
    - Ranged Support (same as Rain of Arrows, but more than one can be used on the same camp - again a great one-time boost).

Achievements should also be scale-able. If complete Roaring Bull 25 times (again, from the player 1 slot only) was an achievement worth let's say a rainbow buff... then completing it could unlock a "complete RB 50 times" achievement worth maybe one of my made-up 7 day buffs... and that unlocks a complete RB 100 times for a 100 obsidian ore "mini pit refill"

Obsidian ore pit - basically works like a gem pit, painfully slow to build (like 24 hours build time), comes with 500 ore, releases one ore per hour, so not game-breaking... some achievement could release the pit building and other achievements could offer 100-ore refills. Can be returned to star, but with that painful build time...

TLDR - achievements need to be long-term in nature, scaleable, and offer rewards worth the effort.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I am fine with some fluff being sprinkled in with the more difficult achievements. People would be upset if every achievement was one you could just barely accomplish. There are some I got with a day or two to spare, which I know many people were not able to complete.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post

As well, if it were possible to 'go back' and 'top up' previous Event goals with surplus Event Resources (ie use surplus Eggs from the 2018 Easter Event to upgrade the Spacious Storehouse from 2016), *THEN* we would have a conversation worth having.
    Absolutely - i actually attempted this this easter and was informed Nope cant do it. :/ i really wanted to level up my previous easter basket
    ciara

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    @KingHomer -- excellent points. Agreed. I felt when BB 'leveled' the playing field by not letting us save event loot (and making us cash it in end of each event) it meant those of us who worked hard to get to a higher level were no longer had an advantage. the "everyone is a winner" attitude. Sorry, but i've been playing for 5 years - its logical that someone who has dedicated that amount of time be rewarded with higher rewards. (and sure, make many rewards attainable to all levels, but how bout some love for us long term players). Stacking achievements over years gives that

(coincidentally - the year i finally had saved enough extra eggs, presents, etc.... for those upcoming events to make a difference - was the year that BB said "let's nerf everyone's stuff at 1/8th the value" )

ciara

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Don't care much for the achievements, usually they are buggy and many times you can't even finish them. So you see for years what was impossible to do.

Reply to Thread