View Poll Results: How important are the event achievements for you (taking aside connected rewards)?

Voters
491. This poll is closed
  • Both general and event related achievements are very important to me

152 30.96%
  • I like the event achievements. I can see what I've done over the years that way

187 38.09%
  • I don't really take notice of the achievements, but I like the rewards during event times

172 35.03%
  • The achievement system helps me reach success in an event. I don't want to miss them

129 26.27%
  • I have never cared for achievements, never will I care for them

13 2.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Achievement Poll

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman_Grant View Post
    One thing you might want to add to a Event is maybe a Shotfirer or Demo Crew... since you cant buy enough of them to totally clear off your islands mountains and rubble....
    Agreed - this is an awesome idea.
    ciara

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I like the game achievements. But I'd change event achievements to event quests (all visible from the start of the event), so you can get the rewards, but without the negative "now you can't ever complete them" feeling (if you didn't during the particular event AND particular year).

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Any of the free gem achievements are about the only worthwhile ones to obtain. Rewards past the 50 cap raise for all adventure achievements are 1 and done or don't bother. Permanent event achievement points forever sets anyone back if they are counted... and the only method is to compare in private, perhaps a global ranking for those who care? Probably more useful than the expidition rankings.

I would welcome new achievement processess, i can think of simple things like produce 10M/100M XX resources, collect island collects, excelsior adv/quests achievements, explorer/geo/gen achievements, complete x adv 100 times, A revamp to older rewards for appeal? If not maybe a rewards for meeting a value of Achievement Points?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I rarely 100% any game. If I get an achievement, that's good, but I don't chase after them. As far as events, those are the ones I do try to chase after. At least enough to get whatever big reward is attached to them. Some I can't be bothered with, but there is enough leeway to be able to miss some.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I think the achievements help me in the event.... However in the last event I completed everything, opened every door, logged in a couple of times each day and got every reward, EXCEPT that for some reason it didn't count 3 of the days for the final reward. I don't know which three because I got each daily reward behind every door and didn't spend gems opening any doors. something messed up in the programming. missed out because of a programming error

Now if I looked back to compare it will say I completed 100% of the event, but it will also show that I didn't do as well as others - makes no sense and it is also incorrect achievement wise, it should have shown all fully 100% complete

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bossny29 View Post
    The event achievements are great but the reward for them are not so great. The rewards we get requires building licence to build and gives zero reward for having it on the island. the event final reward would be somewhat ok if i could build it on island without the licence spot needed for it.
    Deeded buildings (those that can be placed in the star menu) are not supposed to use building licenses. The last time I can recall that being an issue is with the quartermaster general bug, which was corrected once noticed. The buildings do take up placement space on the island, which for some may be an issue. It may help to be able to place decoration items, like the trophies, on the decoration blocking map; then there can be space for them that does not interfere with active buildings and would encourage people to put on their islands.

The achievement themselves have been reasonable generally to obtain. The more difficult ones always seem to be the collectibles, which requires getting about two-thirds of the all the event spawns. Others tend to be laughably easy, such as trading an amount of resources, where any player with a few minutes can get the maximum level. In order to make a reasonable judgment, one would really need to compare the completion of achievements against a baseline participation, such as daily logins during the event, or comparing individual item completion against total completion, as is done on standardized testing.

One of the things most missing from the achievements is one of the fundamental ideas of achievement. While I believe it is a coding issue with closing achievements that were not completed, removing the undone achievements from the list and giving everyone 100% removes any potential sense of achieving a goal. As it is the known end result, the goal of the achievements becomes simply gaining whatever reward is given for each stage - making it just another set of quests.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Event achievements I do for the prize, its an interesting portion of the event. Regular achievements are a mixed bag. Some of them point me to explore content I might not have otherwise used, which is good. Others served as good milestones along my advancement. Others are just there as a taunting measure, like the high number scenario. I can't see myself completing those, but their presence doesn't bother me.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Totally agree with offering shotfirer or demo crew! Excellent idea! Was very disappointed to discover there was a limit when I wanted to clear more land.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I don't really take notice of the achievements but when I complete an achievement I enjoy the notion that i am doing what should be done naturally without being prompted.
    I'm okay with not completing every achievement because the achievements are a true representation of the time I've dedicated to the game. Making achievements easier would be a discredit to the players who do try harder than others.
    Overall, the creation of achievements has been a success and is worth the time the developers have spent in developing the achievements.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I did not see an option that I would agree with 100% but I think achievements should not be locked into an event, if you miss them you can never get them and the only purpose they serve is to make you feel pain and regret that you could not find 1000 collectibles....
    That's what I was ripping into my post, unless you know/remember if you failed an achievement, you are defaulted to have 100% in event achievements, always. Check your achievement right now and notice you have 100% completion rate, regardless having failed to get any of them...and you'd only know if you compared to somebody who DID complete it and I, to date, don't know of a single person who compares their points to anybody to begin with.

Reply to Thread