Reply to Thread

Thread: Toggle On/Off for Notifications

Noble
    World
    Ares

Toggle On/Off for Notifications

I feel that most of the notifications are kind of pointless and some can be downright annoying. For example, why tell me that my general is relocating? They can not move on their own so there is no possible way for this to happen unless I just told them to do it literally two seconds ago. The same goes for buffing my own buildings. Completely unnecessary.

Then there is the bouncing "NEW QUEST" and "QUEST COMPLETED" arrows that just annoy and often get in the way. Clicking them isn't enough because they just come back unless you deal with them, and sometimes in adventures I don't want to close that section. Often I am keeping it open so I can do other things like wait for other players or even my own troops to load/unload.

As for the rest of them, while some have their merit (an unexpected intercept), in most cases the accompanying sound effect gets the job done just as well without the pop-up covering part of my screen.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    I feel that most of the notifications are kind of pointless and some can be downright annoying. For example, why tell me that my general is relocating? They can not move on their own so there is no possible way for this to happen unless I just told them to do it literally two seconds ago. The same goes for buffing my own buildings. Completely unnecessary.
    LOL so true.. and worse when yer mid attack and a ls moves their gen.. and you think you were intercepted (someone at bb dev is laughing at using the same drum sound for both).

ciara

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post

Then there is the bouncing "NEW QUEST" and "QUEST COMPLETED" arrows that just annoy and often get in the way. Clicking them isn't enough because they just come back unless you deal with them, and sometimes in adventures I don't want to close that section. Often I am keeping it open so I can do other things like wait for other players or even my own troops to load/unload.

As for the rest of them, while some have their merit (an unexpected intercept), in most cases the accompanying sound effect gets the job done just as well without the pop-up covering part of my screen.
    Would having the option to turn off specific notifications be best or just having a way to turn them all off?

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Would having the option to turn off specific notifications be best or just having a way to turn them all off?

-BB_Odhran
    imho - specific would be best
    ciara

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

-BB_Odhran
    Well, having specific still allows for all (uncheck all boxes) so ideally that would be best, but I personally would be fine just being able to turn them all off.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will see what can be done. Maybe start with all and then get specific worked in.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread