Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 21.08.2018

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    quote from dev diary
    "or that, a minimum level of 50 is required. The unlock order by sector number is the following: 10, 11, 12, 22, 13, 23, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21."

But the sectors go up to 23??

ciara

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I haven't even bought all the existing gem spend sector unlocks, and not planning on doing them atm, a lot of other things would come first. An alternate unlock method would have made this interesting or maybe even exciting. as it is it will be just a patch of open pasture on my map

World
    Zeus
    wouldve been better if the smaller islands (north) costed sector deeds, and the big ones in south were for gems, 14k gems for some bits of land seems wasteful

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    quote from dev diary
    "or that, a minimum level of 50 is required. The unlock order by sector number is the following: 10, 11, 12, 22, 13, 23, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21."

But the sectors go up to 23??

ciara
    They don't have to be explored in order.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    [QUOTE=JoBeth;286883]
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Gems can be earned via Excelsior]

I can't find this one, where can you get gems from Excelsior? I don't think many people are earning star coins anymore, unless they are concentrating on spending all their crystals on books. So at the 100 gems a week that is available to every one, that is only a bit more than 2 1/2 years! Oh, now I'm so excited!

I wasn't saying it wasn't doable, I was saying that I wish there was an alternative way to get at least one of the new islands like the archipelago by a method other than gems.

Gems are given as a reward for finishing any of the quests under the Letters category in Excelsior.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by JoBeth View Post
    I wasn't saying it wasn't doable, I was saying that I wish there was an alternative way to get at least one of the new islands like the archipelago by a method other than gems.
    I know that's what you're saying. And I'm saying everything in the game doesn't have to be and even should not be "free". If nobody buys gems, at some point the game is no longer viable for BB to maintain, let alone develop new content, because they're losing money on it, so then it closes down and we all lose out.

I'm on a limited income, but I can make the choice to stay home and eat PB&J or Top Ramen a few times instead of going out for Mexican or pizza or McDonalds or whatever and bingo, there's some cash saved up for for gems next time they come on sale. It's not hard to support the game if a person chooses to do so instead of expecting everything to be free, and complaining whenever it's not. It gets old. That's what I'm saying.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I spent probably that many gems on demolishing mountains. Still haven't used the space that freed up. I'm not sure there's anything compelling enough to bother with the new islands, but it's nice to have the option.

World
    Ares
    I think 5 or 10 dollars per month is very cheap for the amount of entertainment, and that would buy everything in the game relatively quickly. I've spent a few hundreds in the past, but not much lately because there was nothing worth the money. I really want this game to live on, and BB to make tons of money, but also they could be a bit more creative, like offering bundles which would include exclusive items, buildings or characters. This said, it is not easy to keep the balance between free and paying players, and to make it fair to everyone. This game needs as much players as possible to be enjoyable. I think the general idea of "play more" vs "pay more" is viable, and I guess they have some algorithm working on it.
    Whence comest thou?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Gems can be earned from ventures obtained via Excelsior. You need to use gems to make "letters." The easiest level of letters needs you to get 3 letter snippets, and then you can make one of four letters: An Elaborate Cat Collar, A Strange Idol, A really Sharp Claw, or A Poster for "The Annoholics" Tour. When completed, each of these ventures awards very small amounts of XP and also 50 gems. I know, 50 gems is not a lot of gems but they can amount to something substantial over time. Since the inception of the Excelsior, I have gotten enough gems to purchase ALL of the explosives to demolish mountains and rock piles. Plus, over the soccer event I purchased two 7-day premium times. Now, I have saved 1700 gems since the soccer event (what is that like 6 weeks?) to save toward buying the new island deeds. Yes, it is slow going. BB really is a business, so I am happy they have provided us a way to do it for free. Slow and steady wins the race, but if you are impatient feel free to get out the Visa card.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am not a US Citizen. $75 in gems translates to over R1100 (Groceries for about a week even at $49 as Perwyn suggests).
    To work on login bonus and 50 Gems a time Ecxelsior quests is ridiculous (Wonder if Perwyn did all his gem buys that way).
    Keep your extra islands it will only make onscreen visibility worse, rather do something innovating with events replacing the rather boring "all work the same way" stuff.
    People will pay for an exciting game, which with things as it stands - Settlers is not.
    Question: I the game actually growing? I see old faces leave, but very few new faces arrive...
    Even when I was prepared to pay there was basically no payment option available to me and others I have spoken to.

Reply to Thread