Reply to Thread

Thread: Gempits Rethought

World
    Zeus

Gempits Rethought

Gempits are a great idea. Being able to get bonus gems if we're willing to wait for them has it's appeal to us as customers and is a great marketing tool for BB.

With that being said, it's understandable why gempits up till now have been left without further development. Being able to spend $50 for gems when they come on sale and then with a bit of patience turning that into hundreds of thousands of gems worked out great for us, but for BB…. not so much.

That was then and this is now, and it's possible gempits can be completely reworked to be both a viable source of income for BB and a good deal for us.

First – Gempits are sold only for cash. That's right, no more buying one and getting the rest of them at an exponential discount/almost for free. They would be offered on the same page from which we purchase gems instead of in the merchant.

Second – Unlimited gempits in the long term, with a limit at time of purchase combined with a cooldown period. In other words, (for example) we can buy 2 at a time for cash then have to wait 3 to 6 months before we can purchase 2 more. If we purchased only 1, the cooldown would take effect as soon as a 2nd was purchased.

Third – Ratio of gems in pit versus gems purchased outright. Given that we have to wait 6 months for 20,000 gems from a pit and, if implemented, we have a limit and a cooldown period, I'm suggesting the ratio be 3 to 1 instead of 2 to 1. Example: if 20,000 gems cost $100 ($50 on sale) then a gempit containing 60,000 gems would cost $100 ($50 on sale).

Fourth – Multiple sizes of gempit. I would suggest 20,000, 40,000 & 60,000 along with the corresponding price for each size. Smaller sized pits would be more affordable for people unable to spend $50 at a time on gems in any form. We would be able to purchase 2 pits in any combination (and only 2) then be subject to the cooldown.

Fifth – Combo packs. For the impatient on a limited budget, combo packs of say 8,000 gems and a pit. Combo packs would fall under the same cooldown period of gempits, so buying 2 combo packs would mean the cooldown for both gempits and combo packs kicks in. Buying 1 combo pack and 1 pit? Cooldown kicks in for both gempits and combo packs. Buying 2 pits, combos unavailable till after the cooldown.

There you go, that's my brilliant idea. The numbers used in my example are simply that, examples. I do believe that gempits in a reworked form would be a popular addition and could be beneficial to BB as well as all of us if done correctly.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    I agree with gem pits for cash only. For BB, gem pits is a way for winning mid/long term commitment from players. Although it's not guaranteed, it's a huge incentive.

BB should also reconsider the price of some items in shop. When is the last time, if ever, one has spent 100 gems for 100 exotic wood planks?

Finally, ALL past event characters or buildings should be available for gems (or even event currencies) for newer players. New players are systematically disadvantaged from the start: they have less schools, floatings, geos, etc. Even if they are willing to pay for it, they just can't. So why should they bother at all? I have no problem with anyone who wants to pay real money to reach the same point as more advanced players. I've been playing for years and I'm lucky for getting a lot of stuff for free during events. If others want to pay for that, we would all benefit.
    Whence comest thou?

Reply to Thread