Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Post pics of your farm set-up.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post

Pretty much just a 1:1 mirror wherever possible, 0 maintenance, no extras, no buffs.
    That's a very attractive set-up with a little central farming park in the middle of the neighborhood. The whole "mirror" idea is new to me, and exactly the reason I started this thread. And your lay-out looks like it's nice and narrow enough that you ought to be able to find plenty of spaces on your island to make it fit.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    I prefer the alternating silo / store 1 field per set set up... i learned it many years ago b4 the improved farms. granted i have more silos thanks to improved farms but by the time they were released my island was organized already;

I have 3 set ups like this in 3 sectors.

Yours is a lot different than mine, but it's similar in the sense that it looks like you think in terms of a self-contained block of farms you set down from place to place, rather than a general sprawling area. I like your legion of rabbids off to the left.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    And your lay-out looks like it's nice and narrow enough that you ought to be able to find plenty of spaces on your island to make it fit.
    I got 41 farms (if I didn't miscount that is) and eventually lost 5 spots when you couldn't delete bushes anymore and I didn't remember which ones where on bushes....meh.

Currently also skipping 3 other spaces due to otherwise either losing 1 building and 3 watermill spots (well that was back then at least, easily replaced by an Imp one now...but I despised placing a 2x2 building in a 2x3 spot for the life of mine, which is why I got OCD hate for the Archipleago). I didn't bomb my mountains, so I'm not sure what additional space is available for farm setups or whatever. In the screen I posted I run it with 2 fields which was mainly to reduce the traveltime, I'd probably just put 1 into the center now and use the current 2 field spaces for other buildings. Which is probably worth more now than another 100/12 wheat.

Highly recommend messing around on testserver before moving anything on the live server, then again I'm not sure how accurate that information is anymore due to us having 2 different home islands and I'm not sure if that was ended up being fixed with some other update...probably still recommending test though haha

Reply to Thread