Reply to Thread

Thread: Allow Flash even after browser close (Chrome 69)

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Allow Flash even after browser close (Chrome 69)

As the devs have told us, Chrome 69 forces us to once again approve flash every time we login to the game.

There is a "permanent" (at least until Chrome changes something else) fix for this.

In your address bar type "chrome://flags" and hit enter. Then search for Flash. Find the setting "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" and disable it. That will preserve your flash settings and permissions after you have closed your browser window.

Hope this helps!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Thanks. I was about to switch browsers. I have been looking for an excuse anyway. I don't need Google protecting me from myself by disabling settings I purposely enabled multiple times. Of course, this is just a baby step toward complete disabling of Flash. Next year, it will be disabled by default. The following year, it will be completely removed. Hopefully TSO has a different technology by then.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Confirmed, this works.

But you must restart the browser completely. Don't just open a new instance. All windows must be closed.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Glad this work around worksand also thank you for sharing it.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Ares
    BB: Please inform the Community of your plans to port the game away from Flash - e.g., HTML5. Is this in development? When will it be tested / released? Adobe has announced it will no longer be supported by 2020.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Well, unfortunately, my Chrome has updated (Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and this option is no longer available. We will be "forced" to accept every time.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Guess I'll try Opera. I had tried Firefox, but it's really bad with Flash freezing. Chrome freezes enough as it is.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Interesting.. Feature removed a few hours later from I used it lol.
    I'm like @stevesak and I think many more out there.. Waiting for BB_Team to talk about some new development!
    Thanks to this game, I learned all I know about Excel, and some maths really importants to know how to use the economy in some aspects of your life!

World
    Ares
    Yep, my Chrome has now updated to 71 and this option isn't there anymore. A bunch of stuff got changed with this update, including the browser skin; I was able to get some changed to someone resembling what I used to have, but this Flash part is going to get really annoying very fast. Thoughts?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Within a day after mine updated, I ended up just switching to Firefox, which respects my preferences and has pretty much all the same extensions and no Google tracking. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Firefox starts to crack down on this as well. We're still 2 years from end of life, but it's very real that something has to change soon. This update by Google is obnoxious enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it's the tipping point. BB_Alex provided some insight when this came up last year.

If you wish to continue using Chrome, there is a solution on the .com forums requiring a registry edit. Should be simple enough but hardly anything I would expect most people to find or do.

Reply to Thread