Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Office - proposal for improvement

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Trade Office - proposal for improvement

the main issue i have with the current Trade Office sales mechanism is that my current storage limit / current remaining storage space has an impact on what price i can ask for a product.

ie, if i want to sell a Witches Tower as a low level player, where my storage space is for example 50k, and I already have 20k coins, the TO will only allow me to set the price at 30k coins. This is the same for any resource that I wish to recieve in payment.

Considering that i can buy a quantity of items from the TO, and any excess goes immediately to STAR, i dont understand why this doesnt work for the sales price i put up.

The sales price that i demand for any item should be unrelated to my storage space. It is illogical to relate the two.

It makes sense that i am limited to selling items that i have, but no sense to limit my sales price.

I suggest that the improvements would be two fold:
    1 - have no link between the storage space / remaining space of the seller, and the selling price. This would work for all resource types.
    2 - remove coins completely from the storage space function, so that coins can be unlimited (or set only one upper limit for every player, completely unrelated to storage space)

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    BB wants to move towards removing star as unlimited storage so if they do anything it would be to remove option to buy excess amounts that go to star. It would make sense but would be very unpopular with the players so they cant really do that.
    What you are suggesting also makes sense from the point of new player having to sell below market value.
    As a current workaround to the small storage/expensive item to sell there are workarounds: advertise the sale and let the buyer put up the trade/send direct trade, sell for other less expensive items and in turn sell those for smaller amounts of resource. There is a third way of giving the item to a trusted high level player to sell and send resources back but i would not really recommend that since the first 2 are enough.
    Mad scientist.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    BB wants to move towards removing star as unlimited storage so if they do anything it would be to remove option to buy excess amounts that go to star. It would make sense but would be very unpopular with the players so they cant really do that.
    What you are suggesting also makes sense from the point of new player having to sell below market value.
    As a current workaround to the small storage/expensive item to sell there are workarounds: advertise the sale and let the buyer put up the trade/send direct trade, sell for other less expensive items and in turn sell those for smaller amounts of resource. There is a third way of giving the item to a trusted high level player to sell and send resources back but i would not really recommend that since the first 2 are enough.
    Some great suggestions for workarounds with this issue. Thank you for pointing them out. I would avoid the having a high level player sell the items for you. Don't want to get any extra issues from it.

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DALES1 View Post
    the main issue i have with the current Trade Office sales mechanism is that my current storage limit / current remaining storage space has an impact on what price i can ask for a product.

ie, if i want to sell a Witches Tower as a low level player, where my storage space is for example 50k, and I already have 20k coins, the TO will only allow me to set the price at 30k coins. This is the same for any resource that I wish to recieve in payment.

Considering that i can buy a quantity of items from the TO, and any excess goes immediately to STAR, i dont understand why this doesnt work for the sales price i put up.

The sales price that i demand for any item should be unrelated to my storage space. It is illogical to relate the two.

It makes sense that i am limited to selling items that i have, but no sense to limit my sales price.

I suggest that the improvements would be two fold:
    1 - have no link between the storage space / remaining space of the seller, and the selling price. This would work for all resource types.
    2 - remove coins completely from the storage space function, so that coins can be unlimited (or set only one upper limit for every player, completely unrelated to storage space)
    Not to comment on the suggestions you're making, but as a practical solution, when you run into this kind of situation, simply sell your high value items for a higher value currency such as magical beans, beanstalks, guild coins, saltpeter, titanium, cannons… whatever you like.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    BB wants to move towards removing star as unlimited storage so if they do anything it would be to remove option to buy excess amounts that go to star.
    Oh, I hope not. Why would they want to return to the bad old days? If they're going to have events like the upcoming anniversary that require players to empty their storehouses 20 times over, they sure as heck better allow them to save surpluses.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I sit on millions of multiple resources for a rainy day, things I never seem to need. Then I get a curve ball thrown at me like MCC, which is going to require me to use millions of multiple resources. I scrambled to boost my production as it is. I could see the argument of wanting to encourage me to trade those resources so they disappear into the production economy rather than stockpiling, but what would I trade them for if I didn't have room for anything?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    In the game gold coins are physical objects that requires handling and storage space. I think it is interesting how you perceive them as being intangible tender.

As the Game is constantly evolving it is difficult to establish benchmarks for gauging progress. I had just presumed that everyone got the Memo to have 1 million storage at level 50. We have better generals now so many things have changed but in the past a player needed a good amount of ability to complete an adventure that might reward a special building worth a lot of gold coins.

Maybe we can get Improved Storehouses on the Christmas list.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    In the game gold coins are physical objects that requires handling and storage space. I think it is interesting how you perceive them as being intangible tender.

As the Game is constantly evolving it is difficult to establish benchmarks for gauging progress. I had just presumed that everyone got the Memo to have 1 million storage at level 50. We have better generals now so many things have changed but in the past a player needed a good amount of ability to complete an adventure that might reward a special building worth a lot of gold coins.

Maybe we can get Improved Storehouses on the Christmas list.
    Just maybe BB Santa is listening. Maybe making it into a suggestion post might catch his attention more.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    What about a bank building? All surpluses get deposited into a bank that you can only get either for gems or some Herculean task that takes weeks/months to finish. Would/should the bank have a storage limit? IDK......
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Some great suggestions for workarounds with this issue. Thank you for pointing them out. I would avoid the having a high level player sell the items for you. Don't want to get any extra issues from it.

-BB_Odhran
    I disagree with the assessment that these are great workarounds. They are all very inefficient and time consuming (version one would likely require many chat room messages being repeatedly sent, version two requires many trades to be placed covering the additional resource types being traded, and all trades take time), and are a poor fix for a bug in the trading system of the game.

I don't agree that this is how all new and low level players should have to play the game.

Reply to Thread