Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Balloons

World
    Zeus
    oh okay. So its not just Zeus server only. Thank god.

with 5d 22hrs left we're only at 30.12m and we need about roughly 71-83m a day. we're way off right now.

World
    Zeus
    I feel like this event is very "superficial" based on how it is designed.

The event goals, I am sure is calculated based on "active players" donating a certain amount. And they assume everybody understands the mechanics and will hit their goal with the maximum production. So why offer variable production of 8 to 12 (14 max I guess for the higher level players). Why not have all the options be a fixed 12. and increase the required resources higher to meet the cost equivalent. When I first logged on I selected something I had a lot of but it only gave 10- and I picked that. But after doing some math and calculations, I realized I might not hit the donation goals if I do production of 10. But I have so much of "XXX" resources. I suppose I could work the trade office and sell those XXX resources for the YYY resources in need like Wheels. But this event is suppose to be a Resource Sink. I remember the first balloons event years around we had more flexibility in donating whatever to get rid of our junk stock pile.

But going back to my point on the Superficial Goal. What happens when we don't hit the goal? I don't believe they'll just give us nothing especially for the unique HQ that they worked so hard on (or reworked) to give out. Especially for the newer players who weren't here the first time they gave the HQ. So something tells me they're going to 'tweak' the numbers at the end to meet the goal. Which is why I say this is very superficial, because it makes us feel like we're working on something as a community but really it is a freebie disguised. And this event has no other way of donating more than necessary (beside said gem purchase). Or forcing everybody for the goal 2 (assuming we don't get anything for goal 1 if not met) to start bugging their facebook friends to play settlers. but then it has a minimum level count, and I doubt your friends will want to slug through the tutorials and starter phase just to do the balloons. The entry point into this game isn't as easy for new players who aren't into these type of games like other facebook click games.

I've played other games that have these so called community events, and as I said its superficial. The players didn't met the goal, and the developers decided to 'extend the event a few days more so people could meet the goal. Again, leading to my point on the superficial part.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    They have lowered the goal so we will see. Unless we get a large bump in donations though, I just do not see how we will make it. After the next 21 hours we will be able to get a better idea on if we will make the deadline by the first week. As to individual goals. I got pointed out that we have 2 weeks to do this and the Master toolkit (the buff that can be made in the, Mayor's house) bumps it up to +100% (that is the only epic workyard buff that works other than the event specific buffs), so individual wise it shouldn't be a problem. Even using lower value resources, breaking 15k in 2 weeks won't be an issue. Knowing that we do not have to depend on the dough/candles for buffs, things can run more smoothly and just becomes a bit more of a res dump (collectables).

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I haven't donated anything except the first 100 required by a quest. Will do so as I accumulate enough to satisfy quests/achievements, but it's not going to be a consistent number per day.

World
    Zeus
    Getting 15k is NOT going to be an issue at all.

You practically, don't even need to worry about the cake buff as much either. Because if you look at the achievement rewards, they GIVE you enough buffs to hit the goal from just the reward buffs given to you.

SO even if you gathered enough buffs materials- its just cheaper to build the 'small' buffs. and trade buffs with your friends for the friends trading achievement.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Alright, so individual balloons wont be an issue but as of right now, the community effort is going to fall flat. Even with the weekend. Considering they had a gem discount yesterday and we still didn't get the amount needed. Right now, after the change the total is 350,000,000 balloons. That is 50 mil a day for 7 days. We are already on day 2 with less than 100 mill. Considering there should have been a fairly large bump yesterday with people buying balloons and it didn't progress very much further. Unless they have delayed the scores from the other servers from being combined, I think we are SOL. Honestly the concept of the event is good but considering the resources being dumped, this really isn't all that appealing. I'll be honest. Not a fan of burning my resources when trades in the TO would get me the same items for cheaper (not counting the new stuff). Evil_J had a good idea about what could have been done BUT, I would also like to add that another route to get a hold of balloons should have been opened. Having the balloons in adventures could have solved this. The whole candle/dough thing is OK but it should have been geared towards achievements and a side bonus. Having players work together is fine but.... it should not have been the main goal. Especially considering that either the player base is too small or not a lot of people are interested. I am not saying balloons should be a free give away but another path for obtaining them should have been presented.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    P.S. just got the anniversary gift. Thank you. That might go a long way in bumping the total up for the community. Good luck everyone.

World
    Zeus
    I hit 5,458 in donations after just 2 days and 8 hours. I'm sacrificing mortars to get there. The 600 balloon anniversary gift helped a lot!

It's going to take more than wheat to get us where we need to be. Pony up people.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'm running 3 x elite horses doubled from buff.. 72 an hour (just over)... built a store house near the island to get it to just over a hour per batch.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Community goal seems fine now. I still have only donated 100 myself. I may drop 3000 this afternoon for the achievement. There is not anything that would encourage people to donate a consistent amount every day, but rather get rewarded in lump sums.

Reply to Thread