Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Balloons

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, am relieved to see the community goal bounding along like it is. I think those cake buffs not working was hurting worse that we realized. The 600 balloons we got as a consolation must have helped quite a bit as well. But it looks like we're gonna hit 350 million with no problem.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Yeah, am relieved to see the community goal bounding along like it is. I think those cake buffs not working was hurting worse that we realized. The 600 balloons we got as a consolation must have helped quite a bit as well. But it looks like we're gonna hit 350 million with no problem.
    Glad to hear the balloons have helped and that you all are getting those donations in!

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Since this forum thread is for feedback and discussion, I'll give some feedback.

1. The event for personal rewards is great. It's basically, players paying some resources to buy the rewards. It's pretty much a fixed amount if you think about it. And the challenge is basically, you gotta make sure you login each day to apply the buff or rather hustle your friend(s) to apply the buff on your island and do the same to him. If you fail to do the necessary daily task, you fall short and must spend gems to buy the balloon difference. Can't make up for the loss once you pass some threshold of no recovery. Small cake is good enough, but if you need to make up for some shortage, you gotta bust chops to make a big cake to make up for the difference. Fair enough.

2. I think the community goal is completely superficial and just down right phony. And their readjustment of the goal and giving out balloons and cake simply proves this point. They're in control of whether you achieve this goal or not by tweaking the numbers either inflate the goal reduce the goal or hand out stuff or they could simply rig the numbers at the end of the day. All this for the perception that we're working together on some community goal that the players don't actually have a way to boost the balloon count on their own without spending gems on extra balloons. The donation count per player has a threshold. They might as well just give us the goal rewards rather than try to make players feel like we're actually working together.

World
    Zeus
    In all fairness, adjusting the goal, giving out balloons and a cake were pretty much an apology for starting the event with buffs that didn't work. As it turns out, we're doing just fine hitting the goal and will likely do so early, so adjusting it down maybe was overkill, but the balloons and buffs were warranted given the initial bug.

Those of us who are trading candles and dough back and forth on a 1:1 ratio actually are working together to help each other out. People who happened to be in my friends list and who also happened to be charging thousands in coin for a hundred or so dough on TO.... they're no longer in my friends list. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I absolutely took advantage of the fact I am one of the few lvl 50- players active on Zeus. People were willing to pay tons of coin for my dough. And why not, with so many more high lvls this was absolutely a way to help out the lower lvls make some faster progression. But the market has already evened out mostly. You can easily do your 1:1 trades for the event collectibles now.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I think the adjustment of the community goal reflects the number of dead accounts.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I think the 500 million was a reasonable goal, and now we are almost on pace to hit that mark even. People didn't get that there was no reason or way for people to donate that much that early, so the numbers looked artificially low because of course they were going to be the first 24 hours. I didn't think most of the complaints were overly justified. The really bad one was the broken buffs, but once that was fixed, everything seemed fine to me. I lost a few hundred balloons from that, which the compensation more than made up for, but it wasn't entirely a gift. Otherwise, I can see the argument for adjusting candles:dough conversion to 2:1. That seems more reasonable.

World
    Zeus
    I wouldn't mind contributing, if only my Festival Hall actually worked; it's been stalled for well over 24 hours now...
    Liz / Calgary

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordoc View Post
    I absolutely took advantage of the fact I am one of the few lvl 50- players active on Zeus. People were willing to pay tons of coin for my dough. And why not, with so many more high lvls this was absolutely a way to help out the lower lvls make some faster progression. But the market has already evened out mostly. You can easily do your 1:1 trades for the event collectibles now.
    So you donated all your proceeds to lower level players as community spirit overwhelmed you to do good things for others???

I've been easily doing my 1:1 trades all along, in spite of people like you price gouging.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    2. I think the community goal is completely superficial and just down right phony. And their readjustment of the goal and giving out balloons and cake simply proves this point. They're in control of whether you achieve this goal or not by tweaking the numbers either inflate the goal reduce the goal or hand out stuff or they could simply rig the numbers at the end of the day. All this for the perception that we're working together on some community goal that the players don't actually have a way to boost the balloon count on their own without spending gems on extra balloons. The donation count per player has a threshold. They might as well just give us the goal rewards rather than try to make players feel like we're actually working together.
    Congrats to BB on reaching level 1 of customer care and to you for understanding how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsb1176 View Post
    I think the adjustment of the community goal reflects the number of dead accounts.
    Depends what you mean by this. Numbers were based on this years Easter event. To think that 30% of accounts from Easter are dead is pretty grim but possible I guess.
    In all fairness, adjusting the goal, giving out balloons and a cake were pretty much an apology for starting the event with buffs that didn't work. As it turns out, we're doing just fine hitting the goal and will likely do so early, so adjusting it down maybe was overkill, but the balloons and buffs were warranted given the initial bug.
    You would be surprised how many cheapskates or ppl who just dont care are out there. We are making the goal thanks to those 600 free balloons everyone got. No point not to donate those as you cant do or get anything for them.
    So you donated all your proceeds to lower level players as community spirit overwhelmed you to do good things for others???

I've been easily doing my 1:1 trades all along, in spite of people like you price gouging.
    If I was a 50- player I would definitely have sold dough to make sure I have enough to keep the donation going and buffed 24/7 and that im well prepared for future events.
    Do you think that people like them are more likely to help with the goal if people like you tell them off?
    Mad scientist.

Reply to Thread