Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Balloons

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares

Anniversary Balloons

Based on an ongoing discussion on Ares global, I took a look at the available information for the anniversary event. As usual, fairly comprehensive tables were available through the European wiki, including the amounts of balloons needed for the individual quests, the amount needed for the general server goal, and the conversion rate for resources to balloons. Much of the conversation included increasing water production, as was needed in the last anniversary event. However, looking at my stored resources, it was clear that water would not allow me to complete the event. This encouraged me to look more closely at the balloons that could be obtained from resources.

In the first iteration, I simply compared the number of resources required for each level for some of the products. The products were selected for what resources were more likely to be donated, although ultimately it does not matter. The results are shown below:

In the second iteration, I normalized the number of resources required to get balloons. The numbers are rounded visually, although the entire number is stored. From the information shown, between 30 and 40, the value of water substantially drops, making it the worst of the listed resources. Before level 40, the resources best ratio to worst are: marble > sausage, horses > water, HWP > wheat > brew > bread. After level 40 (including the final group of resources), the ratios change to: saddle cloth > wool cloth > EWP > marble > sausage > horse > HWP > wheat > brew > bread > water.

Finally, the increase in the amounts was calculated based on the normalized resource ratios. From there, it is obvious that a fixed ratio to determine the increase of resources required against level. Water seems to have been singled out with a 10x normal increase going from levels 30 to 40. Otherwise, the number of resources increase as shown, with the largest normal increase going from levels 40 to 50.

The missing variable is the time required to convert the resources. Otherwise, balloons can be produced at a lower cost by lower level players. This would only be of value once the individual player has completed their personal goal for the event. The real question is if there are enough active people on the servers that it will be possible for us to donate sufficient balloons.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Aces!
    Thanks for all your hard work Aurboth!

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Someone brought up Wheels as a potential item for donation. There are some good features about wheels. Using the same normalization, is it only 1.4 wheels per balloon at level 50, 3.1 at level 60, and 3.9 at level 70. It misses the double penalty of the pre-level 50 increase. The drawback is that there may be production limitations, from the iron required to make them, the cost of increasing production, and normally low baseline production.

World
    Zeus
    The Good Captain (Part 4) quest at level 66 requires us to have 2 level 6 wheelmakers, so there will finally be a use for them
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I was looking at http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...ry-event-2018/ and trying to figure out how this event is going to work. The very first quest says to activate three concurrent productions in the festival hall, which raises two questions for me: Do we have to select three different resources, and is the selection permanent for the event? Does anybody know how this is going to work, or do we all just have to wait and see?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was just making a bunch of wheels so I would have enough carriages for MCC. Okay if you have the iron to burn.

Glad you posted this. I'm not prepared for this event. I wasn't expecting to need to be. Looks like it may help to stockpile a couple more resources.

World
    Ares
    Thanks For The Info Aurboth
    Rhiannon_88

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    I was looking at http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...ry-event-2018/ and trying to figure out how this event is going to work. The very first quest says to activate three concurrent productions in the festival hall, which raises two questions for me: Do we have to select three different resources, and is the selection permanent for the event? Does anybody know how this is going to work, or do we all just have to wait and see?
    On test I was able to make all 3 resources the same. Every time I logged on, my choices were still selected and producing balloons. That doesn't guarantee that BB doesn't change it between test and live, but why would they other than to be mean to us lol.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    I'm kind of worried about the Goal. And if there are enough active players. Because outside of the hall there is no other way to obtain balloons (besides paying gems- but I see that as something you do if you fall short on your 15000 personal donation goal at the end of the 14days.)

I really hope we don't have to 'panic purchase on the 6th day just to get the Settlers HQ goal.

World
    Zeus
    BB_Alex has said that if all active players meet their personal goal, the community goal will be easily met. It's going to take about 48,000 active players worldwide producing max balloons to hit the goal. I think the counter has slowed since our European brethren have gone to bed, hopefully it'll jump in the morning.

In the meantime, I'm using mortars in all 3 slots with an enormous cake buff to jump start my goals. A level 6 foundry with a snow buff produces enough mortars to cover all 3 slots with around 70 extra a day. This in turn is producing 792 balloons a day unbuffed. x 2 = 1584. x 1.5 = 1188. So if I use gem purchased x 2 buffs for the first couple of days then switch to x 1.5 buffs after that it'll be easy to hit my 15,000 donation and then I'll keep on going till the end to help hit the community goal. Somewhere along the way maybe I'll have enough candles and dough to make my own x 2 buffs, but we'll see how that turns out.

If we want these goodies we're going to have to part with some resources and those of us who can, probably a few gems as well. The way I see it is I'd spend gems for this general so why not part with a small amount to guarantee my chances of getting him? We can earn some cool stuff by simply parting with some resources so why the heck not? It's all just pixels anyway, not like I've been breaking rocks on a chain gang to get this stuff I'm making balloons out of.

As far as the difficulty of getting dough that's been brought up elsewhere... I've placed 10 candle for 10 dough trades and got 100 dough in about 15 or 20 minutes. This isn't hard.

Reply to Thread