Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event

  1. #21
    Retired Community Leader
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    288
    World
    Ares
    Right now, the servers are at 696+M out of 1300M after 8.75 days, with 6.25 days to go on the quest. On straight progression, that is about 79.5M balloons a day. With about 600M to go, we would need 100M a day. However, the first days were likely slower as people were still starting to get the material from buffs as well as people getting a late start on the event. Additionally, the progressive rewards for donating balloons include 2 Petite and 2 Enormous cakes, which should also add to the total.

  2. #22
    Administrator BB_Odhran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    878
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    Right now, the servers are at 696+M out of 1300M after 8.75 days, with 6.25 days to go on the quest. On straight progression, that is about 79.5M balloons a day. With about 600M to go, we would need 100M a day. However, the first days were likely slower as people were still starting to get the material from buffs as well as people getting a late start on the event. Additionally, the progressive rewards for donating balloons include 2 Petite and 2 Enormous cakes, which should also add to the total.
    Anything is possible if you work hard enough.

    -BB_Odhran

  3. #23
    Mayor Perwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,302
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for continuing to offer rewards for donating after 15,000 is reached. Am thoroughly liking being able to earn 2 ballistas for every 1,000 balloons.

    I think this has been a really good event. The only change I would suggest is making the cake buffs tradeable. Otherwise everything else is pretty balanced, even the candles/dough situation. it's too bad we have to lose master toolkit next time, altho I understand why. So please make the cake buffs tradeable.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

  4. #24
    Administrator BB_Odhran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    878
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Thanks for continuing to offer rewards for donating after 15,000 is reached. Am thoroughly liking being able to earn 2 ballistas for every 1,000 balloons.

    I think this has been a really good event. The only change I would suggest is making the cake buffs tradeable. Otherwise everything else is pretty balanced, even the candles/dough situation. it's too bad we have to lose master toolkit next time, altho I understand why. So please make the cake buffs tradeable.
    Really glad you are enjoying the event! I will be sure to pass the suggestion about making cakes tradable for next time.

    -BB_Odhran

  5. #25
    Settler
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    115
    World
    Ares
    Congrats to everyone for reaching the week 2 goal and earning the scouting post! And thanks BB, for the event. I wasn't sure about the candle/dough division at first, but it seems to have worked out ok. It was a relaxed event, and always nice to get new stuff.

  6. #26
    Moderator Mod_Emerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    92
    World
    Zeus
    Congratulations on completing the community goal. Enjoy your rewards.

  7. #27
    Mayor Raubhautz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Comporellon
    Posts
    2,119
    World
    Zeus
    Okay, been terribly busy in rl, so my feedback has been missing, and I am sure you all missed it immensely!

    Here goes:
    1. First and foremost, thanks for an unscheduled event. It provided challenges, but clearly were overcome by most, since we were able to make the goal with days to spare.
    2. The adjustment to the conversion of one collectible type to another (1:2 vs. 1:4) was spot on. 4:1 was not possible with the number of active players so heavy on being over level 50.
    3. Now, regarding the new Medic General. Good idea, and he has potential to see lots of use (mostly as a sacrificial lamb, but that is another story). Requiring players to Enable 'settlers walking over the island' in Settings is absolutely ridiculous. So, we have one, and only one general which we cannot see traveling over the island/map?! Makes it EXTREMELY difficult to plan/send attacks or blocks when we cannot see where one of our attacking generals are! And the other alternative of enabling that feature is not desired as it hurts performance. I am not sure if this issue has been reported/addressed, if not, I'll be happy to submit a ticket.
    4. Okay, now for the Scouting Post. Again, very interesting concept and definitely will be useful. The Cost(s), Duration and parameters to its use are reasonable. Couple serious issues with it, however: 1) 2-Day Cool-down?! Really? It is not like it is giving us a 50-100% kick in experience or something. This kind of makes it less enticing than it otherwise would be and the idea of using additional SP's to cut the cool-down is novel, but that brings us to item 2) Size. This thing is huge, and on islands that are mostly pretty full already, there is no way anyone is likely to place a 2nd or 3rd of these buildings, especially for only a 20% boost in exp, even if it were free or for event prizes, but certainly nobody will pay gems to place additional monstrosities on their island.

    Thank you again for the change of pace. You all are putting in great effort.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

  8. #28
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    World
    Zeus
    The time that is stated in this guide does not show the right time the quest ends. It is not time yet and we have people that are not allowed to complete their achievements. It's 12:20 mountain time now which is 2 hours behind EST.

  9. #29
    Administrator BB_Odhran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    878
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Okay, been terribly busy in rl, so my feedback has been missing, and I am sure you all missed it immensely!

    Here goes:
    1. First and foremost, thanks for an unscheduled event. It provided challenges, but clearly were overcome by most, since we were able to make the goal with days to spare.
    2. The adjustment to the conversion of one collectible type to another (1:2 vs. 1:4) was spot on. 4:1 was not possible with the number of active players so heavy on being over level 50.
    3. Now, regarding the new Medic General. Good idea, and he has potential to see lots of use (mostly as a sacrificial lamb, but that is another story). Requiring players to Enable 'settlers walking over the island' in Settings is absolutely ridiculous. So, we have one, and only one general which we cannot see traveling over the island/map?! Makes it EXTREMELY difficult to plan/send attacks or blocks when we cannot see where one of our attacking generals are! And the other alternative of enabling that feature is not desired as it hurts performance. I am not sure if this issue has been reported/addressed, if not, I'll be happy to submit a ticket.
    4. Okay, now for the Scouting Post. Again, very interesting concept and definitely will be useful. The Cost(s), Duration and parameters to its use are reasonable. Couple serious issues with it, however: 1) 2-Day Cool-down?! Really? It is not like it is giving us a 50-100% kick in experience or something. This kind of makes it less enticing than it otherwise would be and the idea of using additional SP's to cut the cool-down is novel, but that brings us to item 2) Size. This thing is huge, and on islands that are mostly pretty full already, there is no way anyone is likely to place a 2nd or 3rd of these buildings, especially for only a 20% boost in exp, even if it were free or for event prizes, but certainly nobody will pay gems to place additional monstrosities on their island.

    Thank you again for the change of pace. You all are putting in great effort.
    Thanks for the feedback. We are working on a fix for that general, so it won't be invisible. Glad you enjoyed the challenge of the event as well and I will see if anything can be done about the scouting post, but if not the feedback will be used for future events.

    -BB_Odhran

  10. #30
    Veteran General
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    714
    World
    Ares
    The dev diary doesnt say -- WHEN does deactivation occur -- i have yet to have an deactivation email (* Balloons are removed from the star menu, all storages and mail attachments.
    * Affected players receive a mail with an attachment of 1 Coins per 1 removed Balloons.)

    and my cakes are still cakes...

    * Petite Birthday Cake buffs are removed from the star menu and are compensated with 1 Chant of Focus for each 1 Petite Birthday Cake.
    * Enormous Birthday Cake buffs are removed from the star menu and are compensated with 1 Fruits of Hardship for each 2 Enormous Birthday Cakes.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts