Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for the Anniversary Event was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,

BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Congratulations Team!!!!!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Buffs with 20% more XP? Long cooldown, but that's interesting. I like that new way keep being introduced to boost XP.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Happy Anniversary! I'm looking forward to the event!

World
    Zeus
    Happy Anniversary!

A couple questions about the effects of The Scouting Post:
    1. How/when is the effect applied?
    a. Is it like premium where you can start it just before completing the adv?
    b. or only for the attacks that happen for the 2 hours it is active?
    c. or would it affect the whole adventure that is started while the buff only has a few seconds left on it?
    2. How does the +20% interact with other XP buffs like
    a. Fast Learner,
    b. or General Mary Christmas,
    c. or the Watchtower from The People Of The Mountain?

World
    Zeus
    It looks like the answer to my question 1 is C (source):
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Let me make this clear, to avoid more misunderstandings and confusion. The buff duration is only valid for the home zone. Once an adventure was started during the run-time of the buff the boost will remain on the adventure until the adventure is complete, runs out or is canceled. So one adventure is basically guaranteed.

Players who manage to optimize the run-time of the adventure will manage to start more than one adventure in those 2 hours and benefit from the boost. The two hours were picked based on the fast adventure runs (~20 min). This allows you to boost up to 6 adventures during the duration of the buff. Increasing the buff duration up to 4 hours would double the amount to 12, which is considered too high from my perspective.

The lowest completion time for Woodcutter is at ~35 minutes. It would be possible to boost 3 of those during 2 hours. This number will increase to 6 with the buff duration of 4 hours.

The lowest completion time for all adventures is below 2 hours, so there is a possibility to get a boost for at least one additional adventure.

Considering those values the duration of 2 hours for the buff is more balanced from my perspective.

Have fun
    BB_Alex
    If there was a definitive answer to my question 2 in that thread, I missed it.

There was an interesting point about the type of XP affected (source):
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Edit: After letting QA run some tests. The boost only works for defeated enemies.
    So it looks like blocked camps or camps that disappear after defeating their leader will not have their XP boosted by this buff.

Credit to HortonWho for pointing me to the test server thread - thanks!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    So -- where do we get
    "The Scouting Post is a new building that will also be available as a reward in phase 2!"

I'm not seeing it listed in the usual wiki for info....

and i'd like to plan ahead somewhat...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I think at least for Ares there is a miscalculation on how many ACTIVE players of low level are there that get dough. From what I can see everyone is at a level where they get candles, almost nobody is getting dough. So everyone is trying to trade for it or needs to get a ton of candles to obtain the dough needed to make the cakes. No cakes means not enough balloons. For players that can't dedicate hours to running adv to get enough candles that will be pretty hard to do.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Even you dedicate hours, you can't do it. 30 candles is the average for one adventure, so how many adventures you would need to do daily? We need a 48 hours day, lol.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    This event seems very unbalanced in terms of the dough/candle distribution. I play on 2 servers, and on both the higher level players are having a very hard time getting dough. Also on both servers, some players are taking the opportunity to charge very high prices for dough (50 dough for 215 candles, 45 dough for a white castle - trades like that). This is anything but fun. I wish BB had found a more equitable method of distributing dough and candles - best would have been to let everyone get some of each from adventures, explorers and collectibles on the island. I am still tempted to turn off the festival hall and ignore the whole event, and may yet wind up doing that if BB doesn't do something to fix this problem.

Reply to Thread