Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: cake dough

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    just pointed out to me...I need to read more clearly. We have a week, so the ballons won't be an issue for personal goals but...arg....the candle/dough thing still is annoying. I apologize for the confusion.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    If push comes to shove, I don't think it will be a problem to convert enough candles into dough to get the 50% buffs required to push the production rate to the level necessary, despite the poor conversion rate.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    thank goodness my guild has a few level 50- players in it. I hope they run lots of advents for dough, we're almost all over 50. conversion rate is there, but it's tough early in event. I don't have candles to trade or convert yet.

World
    Zeus
    Lower levels earn many times more dough than we earn of candles, so if we do 1:1 trades in TO it should work out even tho higher levels outnumber lower levels. I think BB actually thought this through and it's gonna work. I did 10 candle for 10 dough trades and got 100 dough in 15 or 20 minutes.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Is it just me? Or the dough and candles distribution broken?

All I get are candles from collectibles and candles only from explorers.

I have not gotten a single dough. Are the materials always going to be one type only per player. Is it level based? I see more people offering candles on the trade office asking for dough than people offering dough for candles. ( but according to the wikki, the explorer and adventures are suppose to give more dough than candles)

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for raising your concerns and providing feedback! We're closely monitoring the availability of both Cake Dough and Candles throughout the event. For the time being, we want to give the event a bit more time to settle in; it's not even been active for 24 hours yet and many are still yet to log in and play!

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I think BB actually thought this through and it's gonna work. I did 10 candle for 10 dough trades and got 100 dough in 15 or 20 minutes.
    Thx for the laugh. May have looked fine on paper, but...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    nods - current trades are 10:15 dough and 10:20 dough...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Way to improve event:
    Provide both cake dough and candles as collectibles
    Explorers return both candles and cake dough
    Allow trading of cakes
    Change conversion ratio of candles to dough in PH to 1:1
    Change level of finding dough to 55 and lower, not 50 and lower.
    Change finding dough or candles to whether your level is even or odd
    Change community balloon goal to something realistic
    Reduce amount of ingredients needed for cakes

Make the event fun, not a chore.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Ok so...Posted this in another thread. This isn't as bad as, I thought.

"They have lowered the goal so we will see. Unless we get a large bump in donations though, I just do not see how we will make it. After the next 21 hours we will be able to get a better idea on if we will make the deadline by the first week. As to individual goals. I got pointed out that we have 2 weeks to do this and the Master toolkit (the buff that can be made in the, Mayor's house) bumps it up to +100% (that is the only epic workyard buff that works other than the event specific buffs), so individual wise it shouldn't be a problem. Even using lower value resources, breaking 15k in 2 weeks won't be an issue. Knowing that we do not have to depend on the dough/candles for buffs, things can run more smoothly and just becomes a bit more of a res dump (collectables). "

I discovered that the master toolkit that is produced in the mayor's house DOES work on the festival hall (magic bean soup and chant of focus buffs do NOT however) so the candles/dough are just an add on. Unless it is a quest requirement, I would suggest saving them up to produce the enormous cake and use it to supplement the toolkits that we can produce ourselves. The event no longer seems like a random money grab. That said, I really wish they would have made some of this information available to everyone and not in obscure places. Some of this should have been in the event briefing but oh well. Isn't the end of the world. Good luck everyone. We can do it.

Reply to Thread