Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: cake dough

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    For worst event BB has ever done.
    It says you joined in 2012....either you were afk too much or your threshold is terrifyingly low, I'm not sure which has me more concerned lol

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I approve the way this is done; it makes this a trading event. It's a good way to encourage people to work on this aspect of the game, and to use up stocks of resources. Go trade for dough, or candles. I've been offering resources and adventures that I know lower level players will be able to use, and for which I have good stock. It's all good. I'm only asking small amounts of dough (15, typically) but putting out plenty of trades. I have over 1k of dough now.

World
    Zeus
    No your not missing anything. Lower levels get dough, higher levels candles. And the drops for either are very low so you get to have fun trying to build up a supply of them. Then to make things more fun you have to convert candles to dough in your provision house. AND THEN, once you get enough dough & candles, you get to make Birthday Cakes to apply to Festival Halls. But the ONLY Birthday Cakes that count toward getting the anniversary achievement are ones applied by friends. And those that are applied last LONGER TIMES so it makes it even more difficult to get enough applied to get achievement. And the ONLY event Birthday Cake available in the shop is the Enormous one that lasts over a day when applied to a friend. And you can't buy candles or dough in the shop to try to supplement yourself. Only after the 1st week of event are players offering dough & candles in trade. I am thoroughly disgusted with this event because players that don't have a lot of in game friends due to TROLLS that discourage becoming friendly with others will NEVER accomplish all the event achievements. I think the developers need to take a look at real life & this game & need to realize neither are a utopia & that considerations need to be taken for the beginner player, the solo player, or players that don't have a large in game "friend" list. Whoever did the math on all of this I would bet flunked mathematics in school or has the IQ of a ROCK.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbledorf View Post
    No your not missing anything. Lower levels get dough, higher levels candles. And the drops for either are very low so you get to have fun trying to build up a supply of them. Then to make things more fun you have to convert candles to dough in your provision house. AND THEN, once you get enough dough & candles, you get to make Birthday Cakes to apply to Festival Halls. But the ONLY Birthday Cakes that count toward getting the anniversary achievement are ones applied by friends. And those that are applied last LONGER TIMES so it makes it even more difficult to get enough applied to get achievement. And the ONLY event Birthday Cake available in the shop is the Enormous one that lasts over a day when applied to a friend. And you can't buy candles or dough in the shop to try to supplement yourself. Only after the 1st week of event are players offering dough & candles in trade. I am thoroughly disgusted with this event because players that don't have a lot of in game friends due to TROLLS that discourage becoming friendly with others will NEVER accomplish all the event achievements. I think the developers need to take a look at real life & this game & need to realize neither are a utopia & that considerations need to be taken for the beginner player, the solo player, or players that don't have a large in game "friend" list. Whoever did the math on all of this I would bet flunked mathematics in school or has the IQ of a ROCK.
    Not sure where to start with all the problems listed. I was able to start getting reasonable, open trades on Zeus by the third day of the event. This was only a result of people in the community working together in a fair way. While I do not like to point out players, I have to in order to show proof of trades - they deserve nothing but good wishes:

The cakes last for 24 hours when buffed by friends. You need a maximum of 10 drops total in 14 days. It should not be challenging to get a trade for most days. If you are really stuck, you could give 1 person your candles & dough and simply buff the building over and over, using stop buffs between them.

As for the math of the event, it is not as bad as it looks. From just using items that give 12 balloons per cycle, you can get 843.5 balloons/day without any buffs. The game also gives you 100 balloons a day for the daily scavenger quest. The worst group would only give 562.3 (8 per run). This is based on a 1:01:28 cycle time, so if you have more than that, you need to build a closer storehouse. Just donating the balloons will give 2 petite cakes, then 2 enormous cakes. Applying the cakes yourself should push the results over the 15k mark to get the final personal reward if you simply pick the better items to convert.

Otherwise, there are plenty of groups of players that are helpful and generally not trolls. But this is a cooperative play game so that some of the achievements may be based on cooperation; this is hardly the first event where this is required.

Reply to Thread